Seeking advice from Manchester dissers

Just don’t get this. Have lived in Manchester for 35 of my 39 years but i have just never felt this ‘Manc’ thing all these white lads so earnestly feel.

Like, i love Manchester and i’m proud to be from here but any kind of performative ‘we do things differently here’ stuff just makes me vom.

At work i have to look at the Wilson quote about manc kids having the best record collections. And every day i think that’s just the most bogus thing ever said. Guess he knew what was quotable, though. It’s by the toilets, appropriately.

4 Likes

Omg they’re showing it again :flushed:

1 Like

Fuuuuuuuck ooooooff!

If i was you I’d be in such a grump right now.

1 Like

Oh hang on, now he’s got up and he’s reading it over the film…of him reading it, which they’ve put on mute behind him :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Christ spoiler this :nauseated_face: :wink:

I really want to know how much he was paid for that

2 Likes

Professional Mancunians gots to get paaaaaiiid.

5 Likes

He’s from Blackpool

3 Likes

always hated that TW quote

the one about jazz can fuck off forever too

1 Like

Good for him.

Local bar has this shite all over it. I’m pretty sure it’s in neon pink lights inside too.

Ironically it’s the most boring nondescript place I’ve ever been in.

2 Likes

I have this one down on my cliche list (get my eyelashes done nextdoor to it)

Who owns these? There’s a few around there, isn’t there, always surprised brewdog don’t go after them

These all just remind me of that Jim Broadbent poem from the Victoria Wood show now. The “My North!” one. Can’t find a decent clip of it online.

1 Like

Quite a bit coincidence going on in this

Also someone told me and consider it 20th hand at this point that the dick waffle place has/is shurdown

I see you after suggesting flattening the shops and so does every other pissing person

1 Like

I had to delete my angry tweets last night about this. What a fucking insult to people living there (not the prison). There is no barrier to growth except racism that’s prevented investment and now flattening the area as if they’re dojg something altruistic and not mass displacement of poor and asian people.

4 Likes

Just heard from my council mole that the council is already in discussion with a resi developer and the council have tried to talk down the developer’s commitment to social housing. Unbelievable

Tbh I’m amazed it’s taken this long as soon as the brewery shut and the warehouse project happened I knew something would one day. It is the most obvious thing to happen since Ducie Bridge or the destroying of the pagoda in Chinatown. It’s due

1 Like

wtaf

6 Likes

Something that I don’t quite get is that there are so many flattened bits round there that they don’t need to get rid of Strangeways really. They’ve been building on Elizabeth Street since the 90’s.

What I’m basically gettin at isthat there motives are so clear that even me dead nan can see what is going on.

And yet another stabbing (levenshulme).