Seemingly Innocuous Posts Where Someone Is Trying To Become A Regular User So They Can Jag (rolling)

So in order to post a link, a new user has to have done a certain amount of stuff on the boards to reach the point where they can do that.

The result of which are some eyebrow (singular) raising replies from some new users which seem at odds with the discussion and are likely just an excuse to boost their profile so they can jag.

This thread is for documenting these thinly veiled attempts.

For example

led to

3 Likes
14 Likes

rumbled

2 Likes

something something asphalt

1 Like

Thoughts?

Everyone on here is secretly a soundcloud rapper, and are all just better than that guy at playing the long game.

15 Likes

The only reason I post on here is so that my inevitable rise to world wide fame is brought crashing down with some ill advised posts about opinions on Franz Ferdinand.

5 Likes

:smiley: i am

kind of (more mike skinner than a ‘proper’ rapper)

haven’t linked to my stuff yet tho

2 Likes

Well you’ve given the game away now, so you might as well.

1 Like

i don’t have anything that’s ready for the wider world yet, just a couple of demos

i’m 30 in a year and the plan is to release an EP before then… just need to speed my work rate up!

one thing i will link to tho is this - Julie does spoken word and i do the music behind it :slight_smile: there’s about 20 tracks online in total, tho she does the promotion on Facebook so the youtube videos have no views!

2 Likes

Awesome, man :slight_smile: briliant production.

1 Like

Holy shit, the rarely seen “two long-dormant sleeper accounts combine” JAG there from lhlht and iamwiggy. Great stuff.

5 Likes

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/we-selfieing/23227/257

4 Likes

long dormant? i’m here every day man, just not loudly

Yeah, poorly worded on my part. Long dormant in the sense of ‘not JAGging immediately’. I need better words…I obviously know your posts here

I only started posting on here in order to JAG the gigs we were putting on…

So it ain’t so @seoma, say it ain’t so :disappointed:

Now this one was auto-flagged and I was trying to work out if it could be a real reply but couldn’t see anything about CVs in there.

But it seems @Parsefone takes pity on these types. And he could well be right but I do feel that
Favourite Bands: newsong
isn’t inspiring… :smiley:

1 Like

Say the words lads and I can henceforth move all his posts to The Classifieds.

3 Likes