Self Esteem - I Do This All The Time: Era 2

She Reigns is like a Bizarro World Prince slow-jam and I cannot get enough of it.

Absolutely into this record.

Was never really fussed with Slow Club after their first album, mainly cos I loved the ramshackleness of their early stuff. I’ve a few slight reservations as sometimes I think her lyrical style hasn’t really moved on in ten years, but kys a minor thing really - the production is really excellent and her vocals are just freaking great.

1 Like

I forgot to go to this concert. Bought a ticket, paid for it etc. Forgot to go. Idiot.

4 Likes

Wow, I thought I’d done bad - she played five minutes from my flat the other week and I didn’t go…

1 Like

Self Esteem at The Village Underground. Really like the album but I thought it would be a bit crap live. Turned out to be great fun. Rebecca seemed the happiest I’ve seen her on stage compared to the many Slow Club gigs I went to over the years.

Just remember, yerself is steam.

That was my “review” of The Village Underground gig on the “Last night’s gig was” thread.

2 Likes

MATE. her manchester gig was the best thing ive seen in ages. best since janelle monae last year, so pretty pretty great

1 Like

Got her autograph on a set list from Django Django’s Rough Trade East in store early last year (She joined them for her part in Surface to Air) - knew nothing about her then but she seemed really nice

This is probs gonna be in my top 5 of the year. Absolute magic.

6 Likes

Yep. This is a totally unexpected great LP.

2 Likes

I suspect she’ll be fighting with The Japanese House and Weyes Blood in my final top 5.

1 Like

adds to to-listen list

1 Like

Oh wow this Japanese Housr record sounds lush

3 Likes

Great record. Only gave it a listen because of the “Album of the Month” thread. Listened to it a couple of times thinking this voice sounds real familiar before Mrs PB told me about the Slow Club link.

I had no idea Slow Club had split up.

Some more tour dates in October are onsale now (including Edinburgh - yay!)

1 Like

Just got a ticket to the October London date. Hopefully I remember to actually go to it this time…

2 Likes

What was that Slow Club track that 6Music hammered a few years back?

It sounded like Texas!

Oooh :blush:

1 Like

I have just got into this album (not sure how I missed this thread earlier in the year), what a treat!

Great to hear she delivers live. Gonna grab tickets for that Edinburgh date when I get paid this week.

2 Likes

Saw her at glasto and she was a highlight.

1 Like

Haven’t seen her performance on the iplayer :sob: