Self imposed work uniforms of the over-50s

Did you plan this reply or was it off the cuff?

3 Likes

Took the photo of the sleeve ages ago, was just waiting for a suitable cuff link before posting it.

what a mean thing to write on your birthday card

2 Likes

Six months early, as well. Shower of cunts here, honestly. I’m going back to my old job.

btw that shirt is really really not the kind of shirt described in the OP.

I used to try and straddle the whole “business casual” line at work

Lots of people do it ok - other people dress proper smart in nice suits and look good

Lots of other people just look like school kids coming home from school on a day when they’ve had PE

I decided a while ago to just dress how I usually dress at work. No one’s pulled me up on it and I much prefer it

I wear the same shirt every Friday.
Whenever I work at the weekend, I turn up in jeans and converse.

Does that count?

I appreciated this joke, @sadpunk

1 Like

i used to work for a local authority and this was literally true in one of the departments i worked in

the care home staff who they supervised all wore uniforms, so the team managers (based in an office) had been asked whether they wanted to wear what they wanted or to have to wear the office clothes out of the same uniform catalogue that the care home staff’s clothes came from

bafflingly they’d voted 6:1 to have clothes out of the uniform book and all wore school uniform style navy polyester trousers/pleated skirts with poorly fitting too see-through white shirts. as admin staff i was exempt from this but unfortunately the one poor sod who voted against still had to wear the uniform

2 Likes

Brilliant!

1 Like

this is one of the best threads I’ve read in a long time

There’s no uniforms here but a few people insist on wearing suits every day, probably to feel important.

They’re not old though.

Cheers

No surer sign of an utter, utter wanker than someone who wears a suit to work when they don’t need to.

Gf used to work with someone who sometimes wore a three piece suit to work “because I like to wear it sometimes”. Their work dress code was at the casual end of business casual.

3 Likes

guys I need to know

• Yes Smee, this is a thing and I have noticed it too/realise it’s true now you mention it
  • Although you are a very sexy man Smee, I’m afraid this is not something I have noticed

0 voters

I started wearing a hat, but my son equated my wearing it with wankers who wear a hat, so Its tailed off.

Yes I always wear black trousers…and they are long, so I guess you are right.
Also I have 3 shirts that are presentable for work, so these are rotated, I feel like an automaton now you have highlighted this normalcy,…how can i best mitigate against this? pierce my nipple?
(I am wearing odd socks if that helps)

1 Like

I am over 50 btw

actually Im 57 and a half

creaky… wo

4 Likes

@creakyknees
It is good to have you back.

Thank you, apologies if i do not reply so quickly, I am having to negotiate unfamiliar (to me) formats.
So…Whats happened since Ive been away? I want every juicy detail, …actually I have to go now, but will read in evening :slight_smile: