Selling a car

Anyone done this recently? What’s the best way to sell a second hand motor these days? Auto Trader? Ebay? Facebook? AN Other?

You could get more money if you sell privately but if you value your time you’ll use webuyanycar.com

10 Likes

Alright James Corden

Pardon? I don’t get this reference.

Ah I understand, thanks friend. I was just organically saying that thing about webuyanycar.com saving you time despite not necessarily getting you the most money as legitimate advice.

1 Like

Seems to be the only thing it’s socially acceptable to sell in the full knowledge you’re fucking someone over on the price or quality of the thing, as if it’s some hilarious secret, don’t get it at all.

He does the voiceover on the radio ads.

I always find a pithy retort works best when one has to explain it afterwards.

Shit, my feigned ignorance has been interpreted as actual ignorance!

1 Like

I recently did it. It really depends on whether you value convenience or cold, hard cash more.

1 Like

No worse feeling as a pubescent teen than spotting what you think is a jazz mag in a hedge from a distance but it turns out to be a copy of Auto Trader :neutral_face:

3 Likes

yep, this.

I part-ex my old car and didn’t really get a great deal but in terms of convenience it does make things a lot more straight forward.

1 Like

Excellent contribution.

3 Likes

Or a Kays catalogue

Find one you want to buy and trade it in part-ex.

Or if you’re not buying another one, then autotrader.

Ta

Just been given a company car, so the latter.

We’ve sold via autotrader but I think everyone rips us off so I’m just going to torch the next one.

You can ask your neighbour to help.

1 Like

I do what I can m9.

1 Like

I sold mine with webuyanycar. I knew it wasn’t running well, they basically check it has an MOT, take a look at the outside and give you a price. I haggled a bit, got sent the cash, job done. Not sure I could have sold privately for any more to be honest, and not worth the faff anyway.

Sold my absolute wreck of a car to wbac. Thought I was going to have to pay to get it towed away and got £150. Result. Was a pretty easy process.