Selling prints of your own art

Has anyone done this? My wife is looking to start selling prints of her work (mostly watercolour and pen) and we’ve no idea where to start.

Looking at trying to get stalls at local art fairs, which seems relatively straightforward (we’re in Glasgow). But the point we’re not sure about is how to digitise the art and get prints made.

We’re probably looking at a local art digitisation place, then some sort of online printing, to prints and cards, but not sure if that’s the right route to go down.

Anyone done this and have any advice?

I may be connecting some dots incorrectly here, but I think @Steved has been printing his own art lately so he may have some advice (sorry if I’ve got that wrong!)

1 Like

Think it was @Mistersteve

1 Like

Oops!! Ta

If you want the printing, shipping, orders etc to be handled for you, Society6 and RedBubble are the places Ms Z’s listed her work. Be aware they take a hefty chunk of the sale price though.

If you’re able to deal with the ordering then As @avocado says, Etsy is a decent place to start. It’s competitive but fair.

1 Like

Theres probably other places but there’s the Glasgow Print Studio on Trongate.

It was me, but I never got to printing anything. Not enough interest (no interest).

I basically make stuff, put it on Instagram, and my fiancée gives me a like. Thoroughly depressing.

4 Likes

A true artist

3 Likes

Same. I’ve had some success shifting things where I gave all the money to charity. But even half of that ended up in the shed.

Well worth bending the ear of these nice local folks: https://wildandkind.com/

2 Likes

What sort of run would you have to do?