Selling Stuff Online (Rolling)

this has done me a bit.

3 Likes

His answer was neither of my options

#minorirk

1 Like

hope you’re making loads of dollarydoos!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Could Haggling With @ma0sm become a regular thread?

Nope

3 Likes

Hi, I’m interested in buying this item

1 Like

This thought does cross my mind and is a valid one.

In this particular case I was at home the entire time, just had shit to do before 16:00 though.

would love to sell some of my stuff as I need the money but I can’t be arsed with the hassle. Should probably just take it all to cash converters or something

I use eBay and Depop and it’s generally great. Can make a decent amount of money and nothing hangs about too much. Does involve basically having a part-time retail job in your spare time though once you factor in taking photos, writing listings, buying postage supplies, going to the post office and dealing with queries.

Already posted about some of the drama I went through trying to sell something on eBay. The ratio of decent buyers to jokers, who would win auctions then try and get out of paying seems to be strangely low for high value items.

Otherwise it was generally fine.

Meant to be here two hours ago. Turned down multiple other people as this person messaged first. :unamused:

JUST TREAT ME LIKE A HUMAN BEING

2 Likes

Gumtree is awful. No intelligence or courtesy at all from buyers.

Sold a dining table once and someone emailed to ask “Does the table work?”

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s got a job at the factory down the road.

1 Like

“Yes, it’s the lead singer of Metallica”.

2 Likes

You’ve got to be more ruthful ma0

Like this;

“Will you take $20?”
“The price is $50”

And always say to someone who’s coming to pick up an item “there are other people interested and it’s first come first served so I can’t hold the item if you’re late or don’t show”

Just be straightforward, these are transactions not relationships & you’re the seller so it’s on your terms - including just blanking people who text ridiculously low bids or try and argue/haggle via sms

3 Likes

Good advice here.

If I’m being totally honest, I do kinda enjoy replying to low-ball offers with ‘Nope’ though.

3 Likes

ftfy

5 Likes
fptfy*

*future proofed that for you

Just remembered they then asked…

“Will the table fit in the boot of my car?”
“Well, it’s Xcm by Xcm by Xcm”
“OK. I have a Focus. Will it go in that?”

2 Likes

Listed something as £299 BIN but accepting offers. Some absolute lad offered 99p. 2 hours later it sold at full price.

1 Like