Semblance by Forma

Has anyone listened to this yet? Absolutely love it. So much detail in the mix/production - really unique.

1 Like

It’s on my to-do list. Getting a lot of love from the electronic twitter community. Really liked their S/T album from checks 7 years ago(!) but haven’t listened to subsequent releases.

Oof that flute in Rebreather :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s absolute class. Every track on this album is absolute class.

1 Like

I also love the way the kick comes in in the first track, Crossings.

1 Like

I’m enjoying it a lot so far, plus it’s mixed by Rafael Anton Irisarri too, and he can do no wrong!

3 Likes

I’d love to know more about how this album was produced.

Thanks for this recommendation as I appear to have been rinsing this for the last few weeks. Heading into my list of year end greats I think.

1 Like

No probs, yes it’s a great album. Will be in my list for sure.

Incidentally, if you’ve not listened to them, Matmos have a lot of overlap with Cut-up (which I appreciate is out of keeping with the rest of the album).

Cool thanks for that, I’ll give them a listen. I’ve not heard of Matmos.

Try “The Rose Has Teeth in the Mouth of a Beast” or “A Chance to Cut Is a Chance to Cure” though I think a lot of their discography is pretty well regarded…

Cool, that’s my journey home listening sorted! Thanks dude - will report back…

Just listening now, and I remember these guys from a year or so back as it goes. I listened to a couple of their albums after reading a review on RA and meant to return but completely forgot. Good stuff!

1 Like