Shovel
Grave

Except for The Game of Life

1 Like

You’re too smooth to be a Flake, you’re a Twirl and no mistaking

2 Likes

It’s diamond spade death these days, GRANDAD

1 Like

Sounds good! You’re probably already several notches above this level, but this book is such a crisp summary of the foundations of international relations I feel duty bound to recommend it if you’ve not come across it: https://www.waterstones.com/book/prisoners-of-geography/tim-marshall/9781783962433

All the best with it man :+1:

Ah that looks great man, cheers! It’s been over eight years since I finished my undergrad in IR so learning it all again/or just how to read in general is going to be pretty pivotal

1 Like

if anything this sounds better than a real underwater city, which sounds like a lot of admin and quite stressfull

2 Likes

I honestly think my sense of purpose is to fuck the patriarchy/ be better than men as much as possible. It’s certainly my driving motivation on many days.

Also celtic wining ten in a row.

I’ve maybe misunderstood the question m’lud.

4 Likes

dissertation title ideas:

‘Swinson, eh?’
‘Solving the question of the entrenched political class: A Journey Into the Volcano’
‘Corbyn and Stalin did nothing wrong’

“Mr. Ruffers this is written on a cocktail napkin. And it just says “the libs”. And libs is spelt wrong.”

7 Likes

I have no sense of purpose whatsoever in any aspect of my life other than ‘try not to be a prick’. However, I’ve been considering a career change (Ha! This implies I have a career at the moment!) to give myself something to aim/work towards.

1 Like

Kind of? Although tbh I think most in the last few years of my time is basically devoted to dealing with various work/life challenges on the immediate horizon and as such my goals have sort have become subsumed to trying to get myself to the point where I don’t have to worry about them any more :thinking:

Sure why not. What’s the worst that could happen?

We did all that shit. They saved this gem for the end of 4 days of training.

I suppose it’s a kind of indulgent state of mind to be in (ie to have a sense of purpose), as it implies that you’re doing anything other than flying by the seat of your pants in order simply to survive through each day on this earth.

So, I recognise my extreme privilege in being able to have, or at least think about having, a purpose (whilst also flying by the seat of my pants each day- some days more so than others though).

However, I’m not going to go through my life being all ‘what’s the point’. I don’t understand how people can approach life that way and still maintain good mental health. Because really if that’s the case- then what is the fucking point?

Do any of us on here have one ? doubtful or we wouldn’t spend most of our days posting simpsons meme’s or talking about how to spend 20 quid in high street chains on food.