Sensory Deprivation Tanks

Anyone ever been in one? Going to have a go for my birthday next month. Will I lose my mind or just get a bit bored and pruney?

• Cosmic Experience
  • Pruney

0 voters

If I may be so bold as to ask, what age will you be? It’s a very unique birthday celebration

Just awaiting the simpsons picture

7 Likes

Can’t imagine anything worse than being trapped in a wet tank with only my own thoughts for entertainment

1 Like

Would be quite nice with a beer and some music on, I reckon.

Suppose that’s just ‘having a bath’ though.

2 Likes

If there was some type of sensory deprivation which didn’t involve water I would be all in for that.

I’ll be 35.

Should really have added ‘sing Witch Doctor for an hour’ as a poll option tbf.

1 Like

I don’t know what I expected from the question, but that sounds abour right for 35

1 Like

I’ll be 35 on Thursday and in, in a way, a sensory deprivation tank of my own

4 Likes

Running on fumes for Simpson pics lately tbh

3 Likes

If you deprive yourself of all your senses, you become incredibly vulnerable to attack. Just so you know.

3 Likes

omg I just read this back and I really didn’t mean it to sound like a threat

8 Likes

Absolutely no desire to ever try one. Seems only slightly better than one of those completely soundproof rooms, which I am confident would make me lose my fucking mind (see: Castle Rock, etc.).

Life’s what you make it. I presume the same goes for sensory deprivation tanks.

Now imagining a giant box of chocolates as a sensory deprivation tank. Wouldn’t work, would it.

I cant see it personally, no

1 Like

Something about your sense of sight etc etc

Remember when Ben Afflecks’ Daredevil would use a sensory deprevation tank and then listen to Evanescence really loudly afterwards.
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

How could he tell?