September 2018 Politics Thread

A ‘similar’ example, not a ‘ridiculous’ one

https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/1042404327095193600?s=21

Frankly put, The Sun should be made unwelcome by everyone at every event… they rarely server any particular public good.

3 Likes

It’s the thing that The Sun and indeed most media doesn’t choose to understand. You are free to publish what you like. And other people are free to take exception to what you have said and decide not to entertain your shit.

6 Likes

I do think you need to be careful with this sort of thinking. The logical end point of this is e.g. Trump only permitting partisan hacks into White House Press Briefings. The Sun is a shitrag and liverpool is a special case but to some extent, the cost of a genuinely free press does is allowing pricks to write inflammatory garbage.

They can write their inflammatory garbage without being invited to press briefings, though. They aren’t being censored, they just aren’t being privileged like they think is their god-given right.

And it works the other way, too. Why do all those hacks turn up to the White House briefings? They know Sanders is a bald-faced liar, and everyone knows what Trump thinks about any particular thing because he never stops posting. They turn up because they know 'Sanders says outrageously dumb stuff about our outrageously dumb president!!" sells copy, not because it’s informing the audience about something important.

3 Likes

i keep thinking people are on about bernie and for a split second i’m like wtf

1 Like

Washington is incestuous enough for me to initially think they might be related. But no, she belongs to the most hilariously moronic political lineage in the country.

the elephant necklace is too good

The saddest dog in the world.

12 Likes

i’ve realised they do this stuff to invite a “eh but what about…” response at which point they can say “aha this is whatabouttery!” because they love that word the dirty pigs

but fuck them am i right

That is an exceptional thousand-yard stare that dog is doing. Poor dog.

Bottom right red badge guy and turquoise jacket elephant necklace woman both look like Andrew Neil.

They made this one smile…

(or choke)

1 Like

Wouldn’t be the first one.

1 Like

That dog has seen shit you wouldn’t believe.

The Rutger Hauer of Republican dogs, awaiting its time to die.

3 Likes

Hmm…!

https://twitter.com/GuidoFawkes/status/1042733722926309378

It was a suspected burglary. Nothing to see here.

3 Likes
3 Likes