September 2019 politics thread - fuck knows

Would love it if Bercow was to dig up some ancient parliamentary precedent that the punishment for a sitting PM to be found to have done something unlawful while in power is “to be reftrained in ye stocks and pelted with rotten fruit for a period of not less than one parliamentary seffion or until the buffoon is unconfcious”

19 Likes

fucking hell. “members of the liberal elite” have shut down the motions of, er… the non-elite?

we love parliament dont we lads

4 Likes

Stopping Brexit is definitely something that is best addressed through political and policy means.

Challenging the decision to prorogue through the courts was driven by the aim of stopping Brexit - I don’t think even those who brought the action would claim otherwise.

‘until such time as the offender fhits himself’

6 Likes

He’s way ahead of you there tbf.

3 Likes

‘On purpofe, lads.’

11 Likes

oh no: tom tug-a-hat is the first one back. Think technically he’s in charge now

UK newspapers tomorrow

Pop-up Prorogue Pierogi stand

• A good idea
  • A bad idea
  • A bad idea that would make loads of money

0 voters

Might have missed the boat with this one

What?

3 Likes

Lady Huntspill?

9 Likes

Well on the plus side for Boris, everyone’s going to forget about that whole giving public money to a pal thing pretty fucking quickly.

was really gonna try and get some work done this morning as well

13 Likes

Considering emailing my clients and telling them that I’m proroguing their work

Wait, that’s illegal!

1 Like

A pierogi is a bit like a dumpling from Eastern Europe. They are tasty. The word Prorogue sounds a tiny bit like it and I think there’s money to be made I just don’t know how

1 Like

Fascinating to see all the Russian/whatever bots on Twitter dropping in phrases like ‘civil disobedience’ and ‘riot’ and ‘will not be forgotten’.

1 Like

Just imagine beating a drum for years about how we need to leave the EU because it’s undemocratic and a usurpation of parliamentary sovereignty and then having the Supreme Court smack you down like this.

The schadenfreude (great European word there) is delicious.

14 Likes

Decision has way, way wider implications than just Brexit though. It shouldn’t be viewed entirely through a Brexit prism, even if this was one of the motivators behind bringing it.

6 Likes

Jezzer sending an aide straight down to the allotment to pick out the pointiest marrow they can get their hands on.

I might have disappeared into fantasy

1 Like