September 2019 politics thread - fuck knows

our monarchy is only tolerated because they don’t do owt. if they ever tried to exercise any power whatsoever they’d be out on their arse in a heartbeat.

they’re effectively in charge only in name alone

agree, but it’s not like the queen actually had any say in the matter. she had to go along with whatever the PM asked for.

50 Likes

I don’t think it was ever much of a secret that the queen is the sovereign.

1 Like

generally when a certain particular kind of government is in power, hmm

1 Like

There he is! Being right again!

11 Likes

@anon26275971 would like a word

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/brexit-w-c-18-march-2019/35718/173?u=colinzealuk

3 Likes

Count how many times you hear it. Truth is, they simply won’t have a job in the morning.

2 Likes

Nicked this, sorry.

Technically the changing of the thread name is legally a blank piece of paper, so it should go back to what it was before this whole sordid affair took place.

3 Likes

I like this.

DONE!

3 Likes

I feel sorry for the poor MPs who were probably having a nice unexpected break and have to go back to work. Imagine if your job gave you five weeks off then it was declared unlawful half way through. For shame.

3 Likes

Oh god one of my friends is one of them :man_facepalming:

as people have pointed out in the replies, you can say the same thing about literally every single job, from window cleaning to cartel hitman. it isn’t a fucking argument jfc.

1 Like

All these unimaginative journo wankers, I was a reporter for years and got out of doing loads of unpleasant stuff by dossing around on here and phoning the Talking Clock.

3 Likes

55 Likes

@JaguarPirate - You know what to do.

1 Like

I spend a bit of time trying to work out johnsons upcoming schedule, what with transatlantic flights, time zones, meetings, jetlag, having to appear in Parliament at some point. He must be absolutely knackered.

Felt a bit sorry for him.

NOT!!!

So Corbyn is up at 4pm - hour long speech has been condensed to 20 minutes so as not to waste big policy stuff on a day where it’ll go largely unreported.

4:30 PM