September 2019 politics thread - fuck knows

Yeah I properly laughed at that one.

1 Like

Like, every 100 or so tweets, Jess Phillips says something quite good and I just wish the other 99 didn’t exist.

1 Like

Wes Streeting was Young Labour, wasn’t he? Or was he just head of the NUS…

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Drowned In Sound Labour Party Branch Meeting

I don’t want to defend Watson - he seems pretty annoying and those of you closer to Labour than I am seem to have good reasons for wanting him out. However, surely this attempt to get rid of him was absolutely terrible tactics. It’s put him in the position of centre-left would be martyr which he must love and got him loads of attention, while making Labour infighting the big story of the conference. Really frustrating as I thought Corbyn had had a very good few weeks.

2 Likes

the word “spads” makes me think of something slimy and gelatinous. “loads of spads blocking the water pipe” :nauseated_face:

Isn’t he criticising Swindon for using the term ‘betrayal’ to describe Corbyn?

I thought that it was a good piece that highlighted how Labour are the only party prepared to compromise and try to bring people together.

1 Like

Had a thought after watching that Cameron documentary, if Remain had won the referendum he’d probably still be PM with a decent majority and we’d only just be getting a general election next year after five years of unfettered Tory rule.

Whereas currently the Tories are self destructing, they’ve been pretty much unable to do anything for over two years, they’ve lost their majority and we still haven’t left the EU.

• Well when you put it like that I’m pleased Leave won
  • Well when you put it like that I’d rather Remain had won thanks

0 voters

wonder if we’ll start seeing lots of talk about how dangerous deepfakes are to democracy again :eyes:

lol andrew may well be cut out soon, MI6 is planting stories about how the big wet failson is a threat to national security jfc

1 Like

I’m also with Stephen Bush that the official line on the situation seems sketchy AF.

1 Like

something interesting is going on with this andrew fisher resignation thing too. seems like tim shipman who reported it and the guardian who’ve “seen the email” have been fabricating quotes…

https://twitter.com/Docilton/status/1175546239343058944

1 Like

Yep

The Leave result was obviously a disaster in many ways, but I do also think it widened the horizon of political possibility in this country profoundly, and that was a factor in the general election. Establishment heads repeating ‘He isn’t electable’ didn’t have anything like the effect they hoped for or would expect.

1 Like

who’s a uk labour equivalent of liz warren

No idea but Keir Starmer is probably Kamala Harris?

1 Like

The 2017 election would never have happened if Remain had won. Heaven knows who would be leading the Labour party right now without that 2017 result.

2 Likes

Thornzy.

I look at the Corbyn intervention with Watson and just wish I was there to be like Jez it’s alright to be a bit of a bastard sometimes. You can have this one. Nobody will mind.

5 Likes

I fucking knew it - piss off you second-home Tory shites, stop ruining Wales. Cofiwch Dryweryn, y ffa coffi pawb.

10 Likes