September 2021 General UK Politics

Rich Tories view running the country as a hobby.

10 Likes

If there’s one thing David Cameron taught us it’s that it’s possible to be filthy rich and still feel a god-given right to be in charge of fucking everything up for everyone else.

7 Likes

Just doesn’t seem to have that preordained destiny to lead fanaticism fuelling that the likes of Boris/JRM, seems more like he’s been put there by a hedge fund because he drew the short straw, maybe I’m wrong.

Well you have to follow that logic along a bit to the point where you question why he bothered going into politics at all if that’s where he’s coming from.

Like that we’re spending all this time musing on which animal cage at the zoo we’d like to be thrown into best :smiley:

3 Likes

Weird how few Tories I’ve seen knocking round town only saw a group of em looking lost on Cross Street on Monday morning. Wonder if they have again been told not to advertise who they are particularly after Sir Quiet Man’s coneing.

There’s normally a few obnoxious dickheads round The Midlands.

Lemurs please!

2 Likes

I’ll go with the penguins. I could put up with the fishy smell and the crap. I’m not fussy.

1 Like

Genuinely trying to think who the most palatable Tory PM at the moment would be. It’s impossible.

1 Like

3 Likes

Starmer

i’m sure we can do better than that, someone else must be available

5 Likes

Used to think that actually the most obviously incompetent candidate would be the best one, since that gives Labour the best chance of getting back into power. Unfortunately then Labour fell under the control of a triangulation android produced by MI5, and I no longer think that.

Lot of people not impressed that they haven’t announced the Community Renewal or Levelling up fund bid outcomes this week.

They were supposed to be announced in August, but when they weren’t it was assumed they were being held back for Johnson to have some big numbers (for the layman audience) of pounds to crow about spending in the red wall.

Looks like it will be announced at the CSR / levelling up white paper now.

Both funds are drops in the ocean compared to what’s needed and what has been lost from ERDF, and the competition for them is a shit policy, but its the only funding going for a lot of projects so its pretty important to know one way or the other where its going.

They must be an absolutely insulting amount that no amount of spin can fix so they’ll just shuffle it off into the background

Yup. Like Trump and the Presidency, Johnson wants to be able to say that he’s been Prime Minister. He has no enthusiasm for actually doing the job.

Oh the amounts are pathetic compared to what’s needed, but with the way these things are reported, and how little most people grasp what things actually cost, being able to announce millions for Northern town centres is always going to go well for them.

Probably going to be them not wanting the south eastern shire MPs kicking up a fuss on camera about their “heartlands” not getting even more investment because the oiks have been chucked some scraps.

Checks if Aitken has been lying recently

Well would you look at that