⚽ September football thread including the nations league, national leagues, messi and more

Bale and Thiago are incredibly exciting additions imo. Sergio Reguilon should be a great signing for Spurs too.

2 Likes

To be fair to him, he’s about 10 years older than I’d have assumed he was.

Less irked about Thiago than I am about Spurs picking up a class young left back whilst City are still farting about sourcing a centre back who won’t cost 100 million quid. Fucking abysmal window.

[Jack Pitt-Brooke from The Athletic] Tottenham will not pay a loan fee for Gareth Bale, they will pay half his wages which is £300,000 while Real Madrid will pay the other half. The deal will cost Spurs / save Real Madrid £12M in total

Really good deal, to be fair.

3 Likes

Spurs absolutely shattering the wage structure that has defined them for at least a generation of footballers.

[Jack Pitt-Brooke from The Athletic] Tottenham will not pay a loan fee for Gareth Bale, they will pay half his wages which is £300,000 while Real Madrid will pay the other half. The deal will cost Spurs / save Real Madrid £12M in total

All has to be taken with a pinch of salt, but I’d say this was likely true. Real will probably be happy to get half and no fee

Just hearing from my itk pal Jack Pitt-Brooke (at the athletic) that Tottenham will not pay a loan fee for Gareth Bale, they will pay half his wages which is £300,000 while Real Madrid will pay the other half. The deal will cost Spurs / save Real Madrid £12M in total

7 Likes

Le Jack Pitt-Brookoi

1 Like

worth pointing out Bale doesn’t earn close to 600,000 a week base. his base salary is something a lot closer to 300,000.

Reckon Real will probably be happy to get half and no fee but that could just be paper talk.

That’s lovely

2 Likes

Heard Jack Pitt-Brooke might be making his debut against Spurs this weekend.

2 Likes

Have you tried the Real will probably be happy to get half and no fee Office?

Gareth Bale is on his way to The Athletic for £300k plus Jack Pitt-Brooke.

19 Likes

hearing from my pal Jose Felix Diaz at el Atletico that Bale will be loaned to Tottenham for a packet of Lays and a case of Estella Galicia

3 Likes

Nothing like a sweet injection of Mourinho short termism, a giddy second season rush to top four heights, then a textbook third season implosion and detritus that will take years to sort out

Toni & Guy have offered Gareth Bale the position of head hairdresser until the end of the season on a deal which exceeds the wage of any footballer ever [Martin Tyler]

3 Likes

It’s been revealed that the wantaway Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale carries a sawn-off shotgun to training sessions, corners children in parks and chews their cheeks, and has frequent sexual intercourse with stray animals, claiming ‘As long as it’s got a backbone, I’ll do it’.

That story we reported last week, and have since discovered it to be untrue.

6 Likes

Weird that Ronaldo never gets in the England team tbh

1 Like

City need to start paying players a bit more. Some of our best players are on £150k or so a week and United and Spurs are paying donkeys £400k a week, ffs. Game’s gone.