September Politics and Fucking Things Up Thread

The Mail have spent the last week absolutely hammering Boris if this doesn’t dint him in the polls nothing will.

Gove wondering if he can engineer a putsch.

They, and he, will wait long enough to be able to pin all of Brexit and Covid on him, and then he’ll step down for health reasons, and then the Tories and press will, once again, Year Zero the whole thing.

5 Likes

That’ll be the point when everyone’s bets on how important Brand Boris is to the Tories will come in.

And then perform another volte-face when Priti Patel wins the leadership instead.

2 Likes

Feels like one of those things we shouldn’t say, not even as a throw away. Just too awful to contemplate.

18 Likes

most likely next PM

• Sunak
  • Patel
  • Gove
  • another tory
  • Starmer

0 voters

1 Like

am sure it’ll be Sunak but might be worth banging a load of cash on Patel cos the odds are long and… well just fucking imagine it

1 Like

given the policies he’s spent ten years voting through, and the consequences of those, deciding that he’s now bored of politics and that it doesn’t matter as much as some people think, is just insulting

https://twitter.com/NickBoles/status/1306870840462639107

1 Like

Now Geoff has spoken the possibility of Patel being the next PM it appears inescapable. Cheers hellworld. Cheers Geoff

13 Likes

PM Sunak or PM Patel or PM Gove, it’s all equally shit anyway

1 Like

I think I’ve said this before.

Britain will sell itself as the most progressive country in the world because it has a woman of colour as leader whilst said leader spends her time on a gunboat in the channel personally machine gunning refugees.

10 Likes

I’ve set this bag of shit on fire, but now I’m bored of flaming bags of shit so I’m going to just watch you try to deal with it. Make sure you enjoy the other stuff!

2 Likes

The flaming bag of shit isn’t as important as you think it is. It probably won’t even burn the whole house down.

1 Like

think i laughed at this :grimacing: but its real :frowning:

On a Friday too. I’m sorry everyone.

2/3rds reduction in rough sleeping between 1999 and 2002. A really solid achievement imho.

2 Likes

For a place that is very cynical of politics as a baseline, I’m very surprised at the optimism of this poll at the Tory membership base.

The Tories will vote in Priti Patel because she’s proper Brexit, and will then believe that having an ethnic minority female prime minister will be a stunning rebuke to the wokerati.

Laurence Fox to Culture Secretary - he will then ban anyone who’s blocked him on Twitter from performing anywhere in public, and it will be a stunning rebuke of cancel culture.

1 Like

If they’re going back to the Tory membership for a vote again, then Patel and even Sunak’s chances are dented by the racism of the base, surely? The Saj was scuppered by this last year

Sunak has the press/BBC pulling for him, but the goodwill from the furlough scheme will run out when the scheme does. Has he got enough Nando’s vouchers to buy his way to the top?

Gove can paint him (quite fairly) as a newbie who was Boris’s man, now they need a Grown-Up for a bit of Strong and Stable. Also Gove has Murdoch in his corner - it’s Micky G I reckon.

Obvs hope to be proven wrong - best case scenario at this point is the Queen marches up Whitehall with some bearskin lads, dissolves parliament by force and appoints Jedward as regents