Serious Jockin

Anyone else into the most demented feature on the radio? I skive off work early most Fridays to make sure I’m in the car for it.

Basically Steve Wright plays a load of Friday bangers and laughs a lot about the idea of removing the letter G from the end of a word. I’m obsessed.

Radio 2, 4.15pm today, who else is in?

1 Like

Heard this last week at work and nearly made a thread because of how appallingly cringeworthy the whole thing is.

Well I mean it is awful. But the man loves a banger, which redeems it. I mean, look at what he played last week:

Fatback Band - I Found Lovin’
C+C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)
Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa - One Kiss (Oliver Heldens Remix)
Alcazar - Crying At The Discoteque
Anton Powers & Redondo - Make Your Move
Ini Kamoze - Here Comes The Hotstepper
Jax Jones & Years & Years - Play (Purple Disco Machine Remix)
Beyoncé - Crazy in Love (feat. JAY-Z)
New Order - Blue Monday
Jonas Brothers - Sucker (Sebastian Perez Remix)
Cornershop - Brimful of Asha (Norman Cook remix)

2 Likes

I know, the music isn’t the problem. I mean I fucking hate Steve Wright anyway but this takes him to awful new depths.

i don’t understand

No one understands the Jockin.

just post thins without the letter in this thread

1 Like

Serious replyin.

My parents’ fave part of the week. Got lots of vids of my stepdad dancin with Misty to various bangers now

3 Likes

Also you forgot the most important part whitch is Steve Wright’s dj name is DJ Silly Boy

They dance to Serious Jockin and film themselves? I love it.

I intentionally left out the bit about DJ Silly Boi as the person I live with thinks it might be a bit racist.

1 Like

Oh really? I didn’t know that, sorry!

And yeah they do. Only because of the dog, though :slight_smile:

I think really what’s happening is that she hates Serious Jockin and is trying to fabricate a reason to stop me from listening to it. She might also be right though.
Who do they send the videos to, just you?

Serious jock itch

Less than an hour to the Jockin, wooo.

Any predictions for this week? I bet he plays Dead or Alive and does an impression of Paul Gambaccini (this happens most weeks)

1 Like

He’ll play Dr Alban and act like he’s unearthed some long lost rave anthem.

1 Like

I feel bad for slagging it off now!

LAST CALL FOR THE JOCKIN
see you on the other side

What a jock, great stuff, same time next week.

Felt myself welling up when he played Gina G’s just a little bit for that listener who lost their CD single for the Eurovision party.

What a show

1 Like