Set times

THE MIDDLE GROUND IS POSTING THE SET TIMES

14 Likes

Struggling to think what the middle ground is here. You either give people the set times when they ask or you don’t. Curious to see what variation on this they’re going with

A few people have suggested posting the time the first band starts. Better than nothing I suppose.

A maths challenge? Doors at at 7:30, there are 4 bands. Curfew is 11. Each band will play for 27.5 minutes with a 15.5 minute change over.*

*I have not thought about this and have no idea if it works

7 Likes

The middle ground is the venue not posting set times, but not standing in the way of the actual bands doing, it, surely?

If naught but the headline ye wish to see, then answer me these riddles three

63 Likes

Set times for some, tiny overpriced cans of warm lager for others

13 Likes

Enjoyed this avatar/post combo immensely.

5 Likes

You’re all looking at this wrong… Give the people what they want: a ‘Real Music Fans’ ticket category which costs a few pounds more but they promise not to tell you the set times.

13 Likes

The whole ‘real music’ argument is a weird one because really, how relevant is the idea of a ‘chart topper’ any more anyway? Are labels still profiting from cynically manufacturing an artist to meet the latest trend or has streaming totally killed that concept? I find it really hard to believe.

Not turning up at doors to watch the support either way.

If you think this, you’re not a ‘real music’ fan.

You have to stream the band on spotify whilst you’re watching them

Might as well buy one of their tote bags while I’m there. Ahm oot.

I was there too!

1 Like

I saw Mansun open for Cast. Definitely a case of the support outshining the headliner there.

who will then just post the times on the event page

Just read this whole thread on the train as I’m off to see Beak>. Not sure what time they’re on but based on my knowledge of the day of the week and the venue they’re playing, I’d expect them to be on between 9 and 9:30. I could probably find out on Twitter or FB but I like to live dangerously.

More updates as we get them.

Anticipated crowd: primarily paunchy, bearded men around 40 with a smattering of students.

here he is!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0002dlp

3 Likes

Nice one our @anon3515918 !

1 Like

Two minutes past nine and I think I’m getting the support band! Big miscalculation.

1 Like