Set times

Did the same with Instagram. Also didn’t work. No ads though I suppose.

1 Like

I always just assumed that stage times aren’t provided as the venue want you there as early as possible to buy as many drinks as possible.

I once missed half of a Charlatans gig at the Glasgow O2 ABC as it was on a Saturday and (i found out later) they always had early start times on Saturdays because of the club night afterwards. It would have been good to be told this in advance.

Not contactless directly but interchange fees where massively reduced - the cost of making a card transaction - which meant more places would adopt contactless.

1 Like

But the web version of Instagram doesn’t have access to messages does it?

4 Likes

£4.80 a pint in Brighton at the last two venues I’ve been at. Water, thank you!

1 Like

This is now the ‘how much is a pint’ thread

Fucking hell. Thats the real reason they want you to stand bored in a venure for 3 hours before the main act is on!
Get some orange or blackcurrant squash in ffs. Some places do it free or £cheap. Really handy when you’re designated driver :slightly_smiling_face:

I went to see Swans at Concorde2 a couple of years back which also had a club night on afterwards. The day of the gig the venue emailed to say that Swans would be on at 7pm (to accommodate one of their traditional three hour sets)!

Anna von Hausswolff was support and was on at 5:30pm :scream: I did not get to catch any of her set…

3 Likes

But if they didn’t publish the set times would you have left work early and showed up at 4.30 right?

2 Likes

Probably :+1:

We were actually dropping the kids at my mum’s house in Kent and then checking into our hotel. Had to change our dinner reservation from before the gig to afterwards :rofl:

It doesn’t, which I didn’t realise beforehand. I’m fine with that though.

1 Like

More seating as well. Not really sure they can blame anyone for staying in the pub when the support’s on when the alternative is paying more for drinks and standing up for another hour.

4 Likes

Outside of London public transport after 11 can be really difficult/unavailable/unsafe. Definitely not accessible. Even in London it’s difficult. I think earlier finishes during the week/sundays especially need to become the norm.

5 Likes

Is that expensive for Brighton?! Don’t ever go to Koko…

3 Likes

It’s funny but, alot gigs in Manchester finish earlier on a Saturday than on any other night of the week due to most places having club nights from 11. Vaguely remember MONEY at The Ritz being done by 10 on a Saturday.

Don’t think it’s in the same league as any of the 100 Club posts tbh

I’ve had so many properly condescending replies from the Real Music Fan brigade that I just don’t give a fuck tbh

4 Likes

“Ooh you wouldn’t ring up a cinema and ask them what time the twist in the film happens!”

No but I might ask them what time a film is on and be a bit perplexed if they said “We’re open from 10am, come along then and wait.”

37 Likes

if promoters really want to help out support bands they should look at paying them more than £50

7 Likes