Set times

Screenshot

6 Likes

Worth noting that they’ve backpedalled on this

1 Like

Boo-urns!

Not massively fussed about knowing when the start times are, but it’s nice to know when the curfew is actually going to be. 11pm can mean any time from about 10.15pm to 10.55pm. Critical information if you’re planning a babysitter or just want to know if you’re going to be able to catch the last train home.

6 Likes

Check curfew time, then count back 2 hours. Clever move :wink:

1 Like

yeah i worked the evening shift until recently, and could leave early for gigs but would owe that time back. a couple of times due to lack of stage times (or incredibly inaccurate stage times) i was sat hanging around in a venue for a good 45 minutes waiting for things to start, thinking “there’s 45 minutes i have to work another day for no reason whatsoever”.

2 Likes

Basically I’m really tired most of the time, and I live at least an hour away from the nearest prospect of live music

2 Likes

the intern at it again?

1 Like

But what if I think the support band are rubbish and I don’t want to see them? I’d not be clapping anyway :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

glad to see the Radio Times are taking a stand on this issue. i hear they’re no longer publishing the start times of TV shows to encourage you to switch on early and watch the show before.

18 Likes

I feel weirdly obligated to clap a band even if they’re rubbish

6 Likes

if i really hate them i’ll try to blend in a slow clap and see if anyone notices

8 Likes

Post the set times. Loads of gigs I go to see on a smaller/local level are for the supports anyway because I post on drownedinsound.

5 Likes

worst thing ever is when there’s no stage times and the running order of the gig is different from the order they appear on the poster (doesn’t happen too often thankfully)

1 Like

That’s my situation but today Part Chimp
announced they’d playing Wigan which is a surprise

My issue isn’t so much when the band will start, but when they’ll finish. I’ve got train times at 10:30, 10:45 and then 11: 45 is the last slow train home. It’s helpful to know stage times and I like seeing support acts.

3 Likes

Nobody wants to be catching the 23:45 slow train on a weeknight. Remember having to do this once but with a rail replacement bus! Got in about 2am :sleeping:

2 Likes

The ash/undertones/divine comedy gig a few years ago in Ulster Hall did this. My mate and his wife (a massive fan of Divine Comedy) completely missed them.

P. S. There’s a local band who seem to get amazing support slots on a regular basis. I hate them and set times are very useful to avoid or hear as little of them as possible.

2 Likes

quite curious now, got a couple of guesses in mind…

Guess away!

Beauty Sleep?

brand new friend?

1 Like