Share your favourite song of all time

So much nostalgia tied to this song tbh. It reminds me of the happiest period of my life (2006 - 2009) and some amazing friends that i shared some i credible memories with that for one reaspn or a other i do t have the chance to see very much anymore. Everytime they play it love i scream FAKES from the top of my lungs (as does everyone else) during the call back mid song. It just perfect imho

8 Likes

17 minutes of the warmest cuddle you’ve ever had

Probably associate it with being sad more than happy but everything about it just completely gets me. That dreamy, melodic, autumnal groove. Ira’s constantly cracking vocals. It just feels like a single take jam and it’s so authentic and beautiful. Don’t listen to it very much at this stage of my life but every time I do it’ll knock me for six. Love it

8 Likes

Or

Probs the latter

2 Likes

Ridiculously difficult question, but The Model gets my vote today.

There is never a time when I don’t feel like listening to it. I still remember the first time I heard it - I must have been about 14 years old listening to the Jonathan Ross Saturday morning show with my Dad in the car. I had never heard anything like it and it changed the way I listened to music forever.

4 Likes

LET THE FLOOD SWELL

3 Likes

Still this…

9 Likes

Or, as I get older, maybe this…

1 Like
6 Likes

Technical it’s two songs but I really don’t care.
I’m had so much fun to this that it has to be my number one.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Also if someone with spotify * o do hot* could make a playlist i reckon that could be fun :blush:

Either this

Or this

10 Likes

timeless

8 Likes

Always and forever (just beating Like a Prayer)

5 Likes

This year it’s probably been this

Protects me in a bubble of bittersweet nostalgia. I remember my first proper girlfriend, pushing my friend’s massive bass amp along the street tied to a skateboard in the baking summer sun, fragments of days at the beach building sandcastles, smelling candy floss and playing street fighter 2 in the arcade, an old friend I haven’t seen in 15 years who was a massive SP fan though I never got them at the time. It’s life as I wish it still was.

Even without all that it’s just so gentle and delicately optimistic, who could hate a song like this?

15 Likes

Just one?

Impossible

8 Likes

For you? U may name a few

1 Like

Not my favourite song of all-time, but very close. It is my favourite single of all-time though.

Released the same year as Rod Stewart’s - Do You Think I’m Sexy, which is all kind of mind boggling.

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi’s Dead (1979). One of the most timeless sounds I have ever heard. Posting the live version because it works so well visually, but the recorded version is better.

6 Likes

Obviously impossible but still the greatest pop song ever made (and video is how I first heard it)

2 Likes
10 Likes