Share your juvenilia

I love marzipan. In small doses. Too much in one go and it’s, No, too much! But a little nibble here and there, yes.

1 Like

There must be some embarrassing stuff slowly decomposing in cardboard boxes in my mum’s attic. I hope that the day after she dies, the house burns down.

1 Like

seeing this thread encouraged me to find an old attempt at making glitch / IDM that my laptop tells me is exactly 10 years old today

https://soundcloud.com/mutebranches/soul-strings-super-old-one

Marzipan bites from lidl are my best treat right now.

Also got a dark chocolate covered marzipan log.

A Going Live/Radio Times competition thing that I said that my primary school should enter. Don’t think the competition ever actually ran in that year we entered. Or ever after that. Pretty sure they decided that we’d exceeded all possibilities in the primary school Christmas Song arena.

when i was 15 or 16 i was in a “band” with my mate, we did parody versions of songs that were just lots of in-jokes taking the piss out of our mates shouted over the original songs. there were lots of blink 182 things. fortunately i don’t have a copy of what we recorded but our mates thought they were very funny, because kids are idiots.

when i was 18 i was in a pop punk band called Serednycky, after our computing teacher who looked like Carlos Santana.we recorded a demo for a battle of the bands competition at our college which didn’t end up taking place coz we were the only band who entered. we had a drummer but he couldn’t play and we recorded it in a garage even tho the drums were in a church hall (our bassists dad was the vicar). so the demo had no drums on. then i found it a few years later and added drums in garageband which only served to show quite how out of time we were. it was four or five tracks, the first track was just chat, the last track was a cover of Would You by Touch & Go, that stupid saxophone song. i played drums on a bucket for that one. it includes about four false starts. this is on soundcloud somewhere, hang on

2 Likes

party time

4 Likes

Yeah right, it was just the drummer who couldn’t play…

3 Likes

:wink: :wink:

Pcbe

:grinning: imagine how bad the drummer was for me to think that my guitar playing was fine

2 Likes

The guitar is the best part. The bass is what I was referring to

the bass player was the talented one!

1 Like

That chat is nice.

1 Like

prob the best bit

there is no mix, we played at a pair of headphones plugged into the mic jack of a minidisc player/recorder

no overdubs! except the drums several years later anyway (you’re being too kind)

1 Like

just had this advert for a festival pop up

and reminded me that this was briefly the name of a band i was in as a 15 year old. wasn’t my idea but i’m still cringing an awful lot right now.

i’ve actually gone completely blank as to what we changed it to, even though one guy had his dad make us stickers and i had one on my guitar for a bit.

1 Like

Found some photos of drawings from my teens. Unfortunately the Nick Cage one omits the frame around it that was just a list of things he was scared of including ‘net curtains’ which I think I just wrote loads of times.

4 Likes

absolute rollercoaster of emotions opening up this post

‘oh my god, Scout has posted in the juvenilia thread! i’m ready for some lols at her embarrassment!’ :grinning:

‘oh, it is drawings and they are actually really good, this isn’t funny at all’ :sob:

‘oh my god, it’s the red hot chili peppers, how embarrassing for Scout!’ :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I can’t actually draw at all anymore, and back then it was only if I could copy something I could do it.

There were definitely way more embarrassing ones but I can’t find any other photos. There was one of Ronan Keating, and then there were lots of eyes and boobs and crappy poems written over them. I mean, I’ve got some really mortifying stuff if that’s what you’re after, but you’ll be waiting a long time as I never go back to my mum’s house where it’s kept.