Share your juvenilia

I have a whole bunch of stuff like this but I can’t bring myself to write it down as it’s too cringeworthy

1 Like

Tease

Okay you can have one: I once wrote a song called “I’d Rather Be A Name Than Be A Number” and the chorus was my bank account number and my college ID number, set to music

:scream:

56 Likes

Ahahaha. Amazing :joy:

I think I was in year ten when I came up with the following unedifying couplet:

“we live in a house of pain
Jesus and Mary make a chain”

11 Likes

sub-thread: share your flirty fishing articles

YEEEEESSSSSSS

1 Like

I just went to my folder full of pre-Mute Branches Mute Branches music and the oldest stuff in there is over a decade old

Freaks my nut out to this day

1 Like

When I was about 16 I was in a really bad nu metal band, one of our songs had a ska breakdown which haunts me to this day.

Most of our song titles were like yours @AQOS

4 Likes

In fact I just remembered that our demo was called GROIN OF METAL.

22 Likes

When I was 16 I was in a band called Hair Band. I always thought it was a shit name

Marc Riley had a band in session the other night with the same name :man_shrugging:

God (part) II is a song by U2, mates.

Setting the Woods on Fire was a song by Hank Wiliams in 1952.

really want to hear advantage jesus

2 Likes

I Imagine it being a Sun Kil Moon stream of consciousness type song about Jesus as a tennis player

3 Likes

Almost all of these are less embarrassing than any Los campesinos! Song title tbf

4 Likes

:exploding_head:

Only bloody still have a copy.

35 Likes

Some genuine tears of laughter from these. Particularly restless dreams / heartless means

I think I speak for the entire board when I say: please please please put this on sound cloud or something similar

11 Likes