Share your juvenilia

think most of my juvenilia came in the form of posting on DiS as a 15 year old

7 Likes

I once wrote a ‘song’ that started with:

I regret some things / that I did on the bed springs

21 Likes

The fuck does it even mean

1 Like

Sadly I have no way of ripping it or I DEFINITELY would. Just listening to it and somehow it’s even worse than I remember.

i used to do this, though a bit later than you, more around uni time. i liked the idea of doing some instrumental stuff and just jotted down a handful of phrases that i heard or misheard or thought of that would make a good title.

not sure where they are now but they were much more usable and less embarrassing by virtue of being older.

i tried writing some songs with lyrics once with the idea of using wikipedia finds that fascinated me as a starting/reference point to build around. made a couple of attempts that sounded like a shit Decemberists and quickly gave up.

1 Like

Restless Dreams / Heartless Memes

improved it.

5 Likes

The demise of CD-ROM drives as standard robs the world of another thing.

1 Like

Really, really enjoyed “she speaks in vowels”. I fully get the teenage mind that would have thought that was deep and meaningful.

7 Likes

Though I’m imagining the end result must have sounded like ‘The Witchdoctor’ @AQOS?

1 Like

agree, but imo altho we like to think we really change and mature as we get older, in the back of my mind i suspect that isn’t really true. i think we just learn to keep this side of our personalities quiet/less cringe.

1 Like

“it’s like, only half a conversation maaan…” tokes low quality spliff

3 Likes

This could be almost anything, other than the title of a good song. Wonderful stuff.

12 Likes

:joy: that’s great

I might have something for you. When I was about 15, I think, I invented a wacky band called Kylie McSmilie and the Fast-Paddling Pottersnatchers. Pre-dating Hogwarts, I should point out. The name is bad enough, but there was a hilarious song called Give It Away, which went on for pages and pages. I can remember most of the chorus.

Hey hey, give it away,
A window licking chicken lost its head in the hay.
lyrics missing
I’ve eaten all me pudding and I’m feeling okay.

Sadly, the Pottersnatchers never made it further than GCSE English lessons.

13 Likes

Those lyrics sound like they’re from Rudebox by Robbie Williams :grinning:

10 Likes

Remember we had a fairly serious power metal phase (around when Dragonforce were really popular). We dreamt up a nautically themed concept album called Trumpets From the Deep and we’d send each other lyrics and themes (THEMES) on MSN. Nothing ever came to fruition (I’m not saying it’s all because we had no musical talent or the ability to commit to any idea for more than a week or so, but those were the key factors) beyond choosing the font in which we’d write the lyrics.

2 Likes

Most embarrassing kind of teenage lyrics

• Wacky
  • Meaningful
  • Dark
  • Political
  • Sexy

0 voters

Tornado, the first and only song by the band Tornado

Tornado, tornado
We’re gonna sweep you off your feet
We’re gonna spin you round and round
We’re gonna lift you off the grou-ou-ound

12 Likes

Just remembered I also had a band called Totally Mongo.

We were convinced we’d be huge, we decided our first song would be called Muntyfun (no lyrics) and then we’d follow it up with a sequel to Busted’s Year 3000, titled Year 4000. I remember the chorus

I said I’ve been to the year 4000
Not much has changed but the world has exploded
and your great great great grandaughter
She’s pretty fit (yeah she’s pretty fit)

19 Likes

I hope you don’t think I’m speaking out of turn if I tell you that this is abysmal.

14 Likes