Share your music thread?

Thinking of finally letting some of my shit songs see the light of day. Atm they’re all just rough drafts on pro tools and actually want to get round to recording them.

I’m actually quite happy with how my sampled drums sound so:

• Keep the sampled drums - loads of bands have done it and sounded great, plus you don’t have to interact with another human being!
  • Get a human drummer you robot dweeb
  • Employ @Discobot as your drummer for the best of both worlds

0 voters

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Go on then, show me what you got, @discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

Not really what I was asking, @discobot fortune can you play a great beat at 155bpm?

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@discobot roll 4d4

Nice four to the floor drumroll would be great cheers

I mean @discobot roll 4d4

:game_die: 1, 2, 4, 2

Sick rhythm, pal

You might be a bit beyond my level, pal

Mauler LARPing

Just about finished the Veins Full of Static - Is All ep after a long, spontaneous midweek night of endless tweaking. The results are here if anyone would like to have a listen:

Cheers.

Yeah boi! Will bang this on shortly.

Enjoyed this!

This is really good and anyone who likes drone should give it a listen. Feels like there’s a narrative to the music through the four tracks, and I like the change of texture in the third one an awful lot. Great great stuff, horsey.

Cheers guys! Glad the sense of narrative is apparent, that’s what I was aiming for. And why I spent so long battling Audacity to shoehorn some beats into All of Us. Neither me nor it are really cut out for that.

Glad you enjoyed it :+1:

obviously it really depends but would always recommend working with a drummer unless you specifically want it to sound programmed and inhuman. programmed drums never sound real no matter how much time you spend editing or fiddling. feel like tons of home recordings are let down by fake drums tbh.

Starting to pull together some tracks for another IDM album. Just the four so far, but it’s coming along nicely.

Some atmospheric piano music. Hope you’ll like it!
https://open.spotify.com/artist/2VZTNKYLnhbnV3FwGJlp3K?si=3mW1ULJYQAidEmC8IPo-5g