Share your music thread?

A new RobinPlaysChords song features on a compilation for Our Kitchen on the Isle of Thanet. All sales go to projects to help alleviate food poverty. The line up is stacked and the record only costs £5.

A track I made, with visuals made in a similar way to the music

This is really cool, love the visuals, you’ve clearly spent a lot of time on this :smiley:

About a month-or-so ago I decided I was going to make a concept album around Ian Brown’s anti-COVID/lockdown/masks tweets. I’ve really gotten into it, even if I’m taking forever finishing it, but I whipped together a video using my limited VJ skills and this is a track of it.

1 Like

Thanks! The bulk of the visuals are from an old car advert that I’ve just chopped and skewed.

Nice work on the oddly captivating Ian Brown piece.

1 Like

What software did you use for making the video, if you don’t mind me asking?

And thanks, pretty amateur stuff but I’m enjoying making visual accompaniments.

My new e.p

And a video

Have a nice day :wink:

Used Cyberlink Power Director as it’s the first I got my hands on… functional but a bit clunky when previewing as you create. Would like to try Premiere as it seems a more solid version of the same thing.
Really just enjoy mashing up images and seeing what comes out though; so probably stick with the program I’ve got for the foreseeable.

1 Like

Oh this is really awesome!
Tell me it’s just VST, not real analog…

1 Like

Combination of the two depending on the track. There is a lot of korg minilogue and arturia minibrute 2s on there, plus a lot of very very processed guitar, but a lot of Ableton synths/drums too.

Thank you, btw!

Cool! Actually I thought about Minilogue as some of your sounds reminded me this synth. I love Minilogue.

The promo chat on here is interesting. I’ve started trying to promote my new EP and the bandcamp app, twitter and intagram seem the best avenues. I do like soundcloud too but most the responses seem to be mainly from bots on there.

Sorry I tried to share it there and messed it up.

Just released an album of live recordings from the past year with a couple of new studio tracks to finish the year off -

1 Like

I just released a 15-minute collection of ambient-ish, collage-y tunes I’ve been working on over the years, maybe it would be of interest to someone.

I’ve been having trouble finding places to share my music where people may be interested (ex. “lofi” means something completely different than it did 6 years ago or so, so the reddit lofi community is a no go). I like reading this forum to see all the interesting takes and discussions (and Pumpkins talk!) so i figured I’d post it here. Thank you!

neeeeearly finished me new rec

1 Like

I really like this - went through a stage of being a bit obsessed with stuff like this a couple of years ago (regrettably led there by John Maus and Ariel Pink :(). Do you have any links to other stuff?

1 Like

yeah, most of the stuff is not as synthy… more kind of garage organ and drum machine.

We’re operating as a band now, but of course the pandem has stopped us recording anything live with drums and stuff so it all comes out sounding a bit more hypnagogic/v a p o r y.

2 Likes

my friend has made a post-rock album with a few of our friends, it’s not out yet (other than for Kickstarter people) but he’s just released the first single, which features me on guitar, and another of our very talented friends guesting on vocals (she has a new single of her own on the way too)

8 Likes