Shared workspaces

At the moment it’s near enough 100%. Soon enough I’ll be out about 6 days a month but that still leaves 14 days at home.

@burninginstructer used to rent space somewhere in Finnieston and I think either @eems or Mrs Smee might have done something similar.

I did in Exeter. Loved it, really improved my productivity and mental health. There’s a place in glasgow called the whisky bond that I’ve heard is good but it’s not in a great location.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve looked at the whisky bond - it’s actually just under a mile from my flat so could be feasible.

I have but then it felt too much like an office somehow, even though it was in an old mill with interesting artists around me, and I still found I’d go and use cafes instead.

Would you share a bath with a diser

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

wasn’t sure where to post this sorry

1 Like

I would but it’d have to be of my choosing

1 Like

Yep, I’m still there. There are 6 of us in an open plan studio in ‘the hidden lane’ behind the Finnieston pub. After working from home for a while i started to feel a bit isolated so went for a shared office. Really good for getting you into work mode as you commute to the office but more importantly lets you switch off properly if you main place of work is not a desk in your house. Make a few phone calls in the day which is fine so long as its not constant and the best thing is there are OFFICE DOGS :dog2::dog2::dog2:

2 Likes

Bath or user?

1 Like

I think I would have used that office more if any of its furniture was less than 20 years old.

1 Like

Would you share a toothbrush with your partner?

• Yes
  • Ew no

0 voters

There’s (an irksomely named) one just round the corner from my work, which is a nice part of the city to be in* - Collabor8te (seems like there’s loads, though, so you’re unlikely to struggle finding options).

*The Garment Factory next door is ‘proper’ offices, but has a cafe, open to the public, tucked away at the back of the ground floor. When I have lunch there it feels like I’m flirting with an altogether more exciting work environment than my own. And then I realise an exciting work environment can easily entail pressure, crap hours, and questionable job security. Then I finish up my lunch and trot back across the road to my relatively mundane, but comfortingly steady, actual job. :thinking:

Yeah I looked at there but then I added up the transport costs of most likely use to get there and it start to become a costly exercise.

2 Likes

not long term - but fine as an occasional thing

1 Like