Shit shit that you have on display to not upset people

The same way pets that die go to stay on a nice farm far away?

2 Likes

Generally. Although I do have a shoe box where I put handmade cards that they do. Not :100: stone cold.

2 Likes

My sister was given this full on Andy Pandy romper suit made out of red gingham and elasticated lace frill with matching hat for my niece when she was born - a present from her fella’s family that they’d had made specially at some old school Liverpool market.

Genuinely one of the most hideous things I’ve ever seen. They were all really proud of it though and kept asking if she was wearing it. They put her in it for long enough to take a photo and then had to get it out of the house, but lived in fear of them popping round.

Kinda like this, but much worse:

2 Likes

Nothing has been inflicted in me in my own home, but growing up my dad had a sign up in the kitchen that said “Nobody’s perfect except the captain”

It used to cause me massive embarrassment whenever I had friends round, because my dad has (at best) only a very tenuous connection with anything nautical, so it was a source of confusion and derision in equal measure.

Ahahhaha I have sold so many of these in my day. Sorry to everyone who has ever been gifted them

Graining on that wood, graining graining on that wood

2 Likes

Nothing at all - even Christmas cards get heavily vetted

this is the worst, my uncles family saw me wearing a lovely patterned bobble hat and scarf when i came round once, then decided to buy me a grey bobble hat and scarf for xmas. like thanks for letting me know you hate my existing bobble hat and scarf but they dont need replacing. every year. why are you even buying me xmas presents at 34 anyway, who cares

Not as bad as this but our baby has been given some shitty sloganed stuff like #handsome that he will have to wear when we see the givers.

1 Like

Painting of yer man from Father Ted surrounded by a word cloud of quotes from Father Ted, bought for us by wife’s brother and family one Christmas. It remains hidden most of the time, if we get wind they’re coming round we swap it for one of the other pictures and change it back when they’ve gone. It’s awful.

These are the hardest to deal with IMO, at least if it’s clearly something you’re not into you can explain it’s not your thing and ditch it, but someone’s obviously had a good think about what you might like there and is probably dead proud of the gift