Shoe size

shoes

Another generic, one size fits all poll. I won’t share the market research money I’m coining in with any of youse, I just like the poll function.

I’ve got pretty average feet. Somewhere between a 6 and a 7 (EU 40 is perfect). So they always make shoes in my size, but never have any left in the sale. Think the average is something like 6 for women, and 10 for men?

If you’re a half size, just pick the size you buy most often.

• Less than 3
  • More than 14

0 voters

10 or 9. Tend to go for 10 in work shoes and 9 in trainers.

10 or 11 depending. Lengthwise I’m probably only a 9 or maybe 10 but I have very fat feet

I don’t see “youse” being used too often outside of friends, nice one.

I bought a pair of camper shoes before christmas, a size smaller than the usual did the trick because of their broad fit. Hopefully you can use this in your market research.

I flit between 8.5 and 9 but my feet are really wide so basically it’s complete chance as to whether a shoe/trainer will fit me or not

It’s the plural of you.

As is youse lot.

benefit of having clown feet: obvious
downside: converse look like actual clown shoes, Vans etc only go up to 11. Most nice shoes in leather don’t get made to that size and you have to take what you can get or go bespoke

Is ‘youse’ how it’s transliterated? I just write ‘yous’, but I use it quite often - it’s a very helpful distinction between singular/plural.

A major advantage in joining the circus?

“yousins”!

also you balance really well

Same problem. Sometimes have to go up to an 11 but mostly can get away with a 10 (normally go for 10.5)

Not helped by the fact my left foot is basically a full size smaller than my right.

There was a girl at my school who kept falling over playing sports, so her mum took her to the doctors to get her ears checked. Turned out the problem was that she was average height, but had size 2 feet. The doctor’s only advice was “hopefully she’ll grow”.

I normally see youse, but I think I’ve seen yous too.

Like the subtle difference in levels of contempt between “them lot” and “that lot”.

Sweet. That’s how my NI friend (/ex) writes it and I picked it up off him, partly for how endearing it is but partly for being legit useful.

Aren’t you from Kent too though?

Size 8.5 - almost always manage to get the half size too. If it’s not available I’ll make do with a 9 though.

I tend to be:
11 - Football boots, smart shoes
10 - Running shoes, loafers
complete crapshoot for trainers

Whenever I’ve seen it it’s with an ‘e’ and that’s how my croatianscouse mates write it and they say it way more than I do, so I just defer to them.