Shop names / puns that don't work (rolling)

We had our bathroom tiled by a guy who traded under the name “Sir Ramic” which I enjoyed as puns went. Maybe bathrooms and knights go together due to ‘white knight’ and ‘whiteness/cleanness’ in people’s minds? Nuts.

7 Likes

I think the frequent knight/trade connection is more to do with the honourable (and therefore implied trustworthiness) thing.

1 Like

We’re the knights of the round table
We plumb whenever we’re able

6 Likes

Sir Definitely Not A Cowboy Honorable Plumbing Co.

2 Likes

Not knight related, but this reminds me that there’s a bathroom fitter whose van I’ve seen called “Bonnie Tiler”, which I’m sorry to say I quite like.

5 Likes

Haven’t got a photo obviously but there’s a florist in Stony Stratford (Milton Keynes) called Back to the Fuchsia. Used to bring a wry smile when I saw the van.

On a side note, there’s a florist near me called Philip’s Florist’s. A few points:

The apostrophe is awful
Isn’t it just ‘Florist’?
Doesn’t really work as a possessive
If all bets are off, I’d have gone with Philip the Florister, which only works if you remember Philippa Forester and don’t mind a made up word. Also there would obviously be no link to Philippa, but to me this makes it better.

3 Likes

Near Wakefield spotted a dog groomer called ‘Hair off the dog’

1 Like

I drove past one a few weeks ago called Doggy Style.

I wanted to stop and take a photo, but I was with the kids and didn’t much fancy explaining it.

1 Like

10 Likes

Walked past a van for a workwear company called Our Soles yesterday. I’ll get a picture if I see it again.

*Edit - here they are.

1 Like

our soles? is it a pun on arseholes? pretty bold if so!

3 Likes

That’s what I assumed!

You never seen these fuckers before?

I drove past this more blatant effort a lot pre-Covid (not a pun)

saw this the other day. does this work?

'+ it’s attached to a railway station
'- i don’t think i can play dark souls in there

7 Likes

But is it as bad as “boxe’s”? :grinning:

2 Likes

11 Likes

Superb

4 Likes

Always enjoyed this place’s commitment to a) a pun that has zero cultural relevance anymore and b) a year-round Halloween theme:

1 Like