Shop names / puns that don't work (rolling)

Would be amazing if this was a combined Vietnamese restauarant and snooker hall.

7 Likes

Not just a crude pun.

1 Like

IF

THEN

BUT
Chris Morris blackface

SO
Delete if applicable

2 Likes

My ideal night out right there

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t post it because of the blackface TBH

2 Likes

Yeah, as a bare minimum it absolutely needs the acknowledgement. And certainly should be nuked away without sentimentality if consensus leans that way. Feels different to e.g. Vic & Bob doing it for little more than cheap chuckles with their Otis Redding & Marvin Gaye, and Barry White bits. But maybe not really.

This is more “typography that doesn’t work” but anyway:

I didn’t realise, but this place is called Loch and Quay. It’s a little ‘at it’ given that the restaurant is in Christchurch, Dorset but it works as a fish restaurant pun.

HOWEVER it was only a Google Maps search that alerted me to the fact it was called Loch and Quay not just Loch Quay. That key/quay/whatever-the-fuck-it-is logo is a mess.

On a separate note: this building used to be C R Coffee Shop, which was where I worked in my first ever job! There used to be a hatch at the window furthest-left and I used to serve ice cream from there :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh I’ve just seen the ampersand in the logo WTF

Don’t think the upside down C helps.

Maybe that’s a pun. All at C? (idk)

they’ve had a nightmare there

4 Likes
  1. Ditch the ‘&’.
  2. Rotate the crossed keys 45° so that they’re a ‘+’ rather than a ‘x’.
  3. Dial down the detailing on the keys for further clarity.
  4. Turn that sodding backwards C to face the right way.
  5. Take it all down and burn it because it’ll still be shit.
  6. Hire a graphic designer to do a full rebrand and proper design job.
8 Likes

I mean. Loch And Quay. Okay, you can have that. If you must. But you can’t then bring actual pictures of keys into it when you’ve subbed in the ‘quay’ pun to go with ‘loch’ in the actual name.

3 Likes
  1. Get @colon_closed_bracket ’s ice cream hatch back open
3 Likes

Saw a place called New Yolk yesterday.

I’d ovoid it if I were you.

8 Likes

1 Like

I’ve always pronounced the Al of Aldi like [you can call me] Al rather than All [things bright and beautiful]. Have I been doing it wrong?

1 Like

Pretty sure you’re correct. Also it’s a supermarket not a car place

4 Likes

You’ve not been down the middle aisle recently then!

4 Likes