Shops / cafés/ restaurants that are in other countries that you'd like to be in the UK

Do they have Taco Bell in the UK now?

[edit] They do, thank you for informing me

If not, not that one.

3 Likes

Always enjoyed a Wendy’s. Square burgers!!! What will they think of next!

3 Likes

Remember eatings loads of nice sandwiches on trains in Germany. A nice black rye bread I think with tomato, basil and mozzarella. So whatever the German equivalent of Upper Crust can replace our Upper Crusts please

Obere Kruste

4 Likes

Drogerie Mart is basically Boots if Boots was useful.

Supermacs

3 Likes

Hema and Bónus, the latter just for the logo

3 Likes

Got a Wendy’s here in Oxford. Think there’s one in Reading too

1 Like

FrescCo

Fair few cafes and restaurants I like in Germany, but I wouldn’t like them to be in the UK, because then they’d be rubbish instead of good

1 Like

Panos

1 Like

going to go with none too
take some away if anything

yes

Noticed a Taco Bell in Bristol the other, mentioned to M I’d like to go if only for the bill n ted and electric six references

The Nottingham one is shit

1 Like

Nordsee

Definitely won’t go to that one

also - reverse it: Greggs would make an absolute killing in Ireland, but for some reason they don’t even really do much in NI. Think they had plans but brexit got in the way.

Swap subway for Greggs here please

7-11.

But like in Japan, none of your American rubbish.

4 Likes

would like to see a Carrefour in the UK. probably the best shopping experience in the business - not necessarily due to the quality of the food (it’s good and has a great selection), but because of the layout and presentation of the shop floor. Its kind of like you’re in a collection of markets where each section is its own thing and has its own vibe. like the veg place feels like a veg market, and the butchers feels like an independent butchers. Also smells wonderful in there.

these are obviously the Hipermercados, but you get a feel for what I mean.

11 Likes