Should FIFA allow the home nations to wear poppies on their kits?

• No
  • Yes

0 voters

Minimum chat please

I really, really donā€™t care

I agree with the former, the latter would be kowtowing to piles of shit

None of us care, mate

1 Like

Could not give a single solitary shit (voted NO however as the basic idea that political sentiment should be kept off shirts is sound IMO)

10 Likes

Iā€™m going to say yes, so that if Rooney or Wilshere play, I can make a ā€˜Poppy Cockā€™ pun

think the default is probably yes because ~rightwingpopulism~ or sutin

Worked at a school where it was compulsory for staff to wear a poppy, and it had to be in immaculate condition ā€œto set a good example to the childrenā€, :tired_face:

This was the same place that sent round a pp for health and social education that was supposed to be about dealing with stress for 14 year olds that mostly just claimed stress was good for you because it kept you motivated.

Tell you what was proper fucking bollocks: a minuteā€™s silence at St Maryā€™s last Saturday. That is two weeks before the day you fucking cretins!

Just put the poppy design on the kits and donā€™t bother informing FIFA

It was Sunday. Please forgive me.

Never been to Southampton but I presume theyā€™re tories, organic pie stands or w/e

My overriding feeling about all this is huge annoyance at remembering there is another fucking international break coming up though.

2 Likes

Voted no because I reckon that would piss off Brexiteers the most out of the two.

But obviously itā€™s just football and doesnā€™t actually matter.

England are playing Scotland apparently which doesnā€™t really count does it

I mean, Iā€™m marginally more likely to watch it and lament my inability to get invested in the same way I used to be able to I suppose.

Nah. Slippery slope and all that if they start allowing some symbols and not others, if they are seen as ā€œpoliticalā€ or not.

They could just change the three lions to three poppies or something, then change it back next month.

I have no idea why people feel so strongly about poppies. Nice gesture, but now not wearing one seems to get people in trouble.

The next England kit should just be a repeated poppy pattern all over.

2 Likes

Very unsettling hawkish militaristic fervour in this country atm

5 Likes

Iā€™m glad FIFA have removed racism and homophobia from football because, frankly, that would be the only excuse for them giving any shits about whether or not two football teams wear some poppies.