Should we move to a four day week?

it’s not like i’m doing any fucking work anyway

23 Likes

mollie king is quite good on the radio, defo better than matt edmundson who shes on with but better than grimmy? idk man.

I like the fact that the article says “The problem is, we’d start slacking off on Thursdays instead”, like yeah, because it’s all shit mate, we’re just doing shit.

6 Likes

What would you guys pretend you would do with your extra day off?

1 Like

It’s a miracle we make it through the weekend.

7 Likes

Computer games and wanking myself into a coma.

1 Like

And in reality you wouldnt bother with the games?

2 Likes

Mate, feel free to run with the “what about the service workers who will have to work more to facilitate office drones’ leisure time”, but let’s not pretend the country turns to anarchy at 5pm every Friday.

I mean, everyone should have the opportunity to work less and enjoy more leisure time. Maybe we should just abandon the idea of Saturday and Sunday as special days off altogether.

1 Like

Probably use the extra day for some exercise and the day for admin.

Tuesday for me

People will generally want to coordinate days off because they want to spend free time together and we reserve special events for the weekend when the majority of people have free time, but is there any real need for that?

The whole concept of the shorter working week is predicated on it not inconveniencing anyone in the slightest.

We could split the population into people who want Saturday off to watch football and the rest of us, and both groups would have better lives.

2 Likes

but bank hoidays when you have to SERVE people are the worst. so not that.

I don’t see why not. Used to work at a place that did half days on Friday - amazing how it focuses everyones mind.

“Well, we could do the meeting at 1pm and leave a bit later?”
“Oh, no no no. Lets just sign it off now. Job done”

Used to get double time at Halfords on bank holidays so I was usually all over it.

As has been mentioned in other threads, it’s not typical practice these days.

If you had the choice, which would you bin off?

• Monday
  • Friday

0 voters

Yeah, most architectural firms in Newcastle used to finish at lunchtime on Friday. It was really useful if you were heading off somewhere for the weekend, but also did mean that you’d often just end up in the pub all afternoon.