Should you wear a suit to a wedding reception?

Yeah.

Your BIRTHDAY suit!

Haha?

I do, but I love wearing a suit to that sort of thing, because I look amazing in a suit at that sort of thing.

Unless there’s a written dress code, I’d say it’s definitely acceptable to dress down a bit. You won’t catch me doing it though. oh no! but only because I look amazing in a suit at that sort of thing.

1 Like

Evening only invite? Half the wedding = half the clothes.

These were exactly my thoughts,

That don’t impressah me much!

2 Likes

Depends on the wedding. If it’s a big church / fancy hotel type affair where you expect everyone will be suited and booted, I’d follow suit (as it were). If it’s a laid-back affair then smart shirt and so on is probably fine.

It’s a universal law that at any wedding, no matter how smart, you will get one one uncle or cousin who turns up in blue jeans and a leather waistcoat, so maybe you can fill that role.

2 Likes

I would.

Bez wore jeans to Cridders’ actual wedding as a result of a packing error. Was one of the best things I’ve seen at a wedding.

^This sounds fine. Last wedding reception I went to I wore black jeans, black boots, flowery shirt and a black blazer. Anyone that comments on you not wearing a suit for just the evening event needs firing from a catapult :+1:

Blazer and shirt practically is a suit, especially after a couple of bottles of fizz.

Flowery shirt, black jeans and black boots is how I dress 90% of the time tbh tbf - see…

I think for an evening reception anything goes.

1 Like

https://images.app.goo.gl/6Z4DH7HDGL19YGTdA

This was supposed to be a link to one of those Bart Simpson smoking weed t-shirts but I’ve fucked it. Sorry everyone.

3 Likes

Do not have a cow, man

3 Likes

I would say that if you have a suit wear it, if you don’t then wear something else a bit smart.

I am a very scruffy individual but will wear a suit for a wedding or a funeral.

1 Like

What about when your team is in the FA Cup final in Football/Championship Manager?

Do you think I play that absolute dreck?

1 Like

Oh Balonz, why must you be so cruel?

… I feel like you’re expecting me to say no