Show us what you've cooked/baked (rolling)

I am Def to your jokes

because I know nothing about Def Lepard beyond the one armed drummer fact

Mrs CCB was a Def Leppard fan in her teenage years so I know a reasonable amount about them, a fair bit of which is a little heavy for this thread. But I do know they had a song called When Love and Hate collide. (Could have gone with When Loaf and Plate Collide?)

1 Like

I seem to recall hearing them and they were not the Iron Maiden adjacent sound I had always expected

Much more “dodgy British soft rock in the back of a van or taxi”

2 Likes

Ooh that sounds good! :camera_flash: please

I’d be happy with a new thread for 2022 :blush:

We have a Silpat silicone baking mat like this:

Never had any problems with it, nothing sticks to it and subsequently it’s very simple to clean. We just pop it on a baking tray instead of foil or baking paper. The cookies we bake on it have always turned out very well.

2 Likes

I think a 2022 thread is a good idea.

I have lots of silicone baking sheets (and molds) that I use a lot and hugely prefer them.

1 Like

Dishoom Ruby chicken

Took way longer than it should have but … did taste excellent. Look forward to making it in a more organised fashion

4 Likes

Chocolate Amaretti Slice made by me

21 Likes

It’s really fucking good :yum:

3 Likes

Anyone tried freezing cakes before? If so how’s the taste hold up.

Enjoyed making this loaf cake last night, but baking for one is a slippy slope with the leftovers.

Sponge freezes fine, although it’s not going to thaw out to 100% of its just cooled after baking freshness. You can always use it for desserts, warm it up and eat with custard etc.

When I bake for one it’s cake for breakfast for the next few days

2 Likes

Click on the timestamp at the top rhs of the post you want to link to and copy using the blue button here

Then paste and post :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, it was breakfast today and will deliver a few slices to a friend.

Damn that looks great! :yum:

1 Like

I ate a lot of frosting last night, and it is carrying me through most of today. Got plenty of catching up to do on the baking front now.

1 Like

On the stout cake train

13 Likes

Solid “I will not bow to any sponsor” work there

1 Like

Review the cake

1 Like

this looks lush, and I have one can of that Maya left…got a link for the recipe?