Show us what you've cooked/baked (rolling)

Ah a poorly planned wfh affair? Sorry pal :slightly_frowning_face:

No, I’m in the office, but it would have been downstairs.

Gutted.

So close! The organisers should have sent an email round tbf. What a shambles.

I’ve never been on the floor email list. I could get it fixed but I’ve seen the amount of pass agg shit on there and on balance I’m better off.

1 Like

Recipe?

“Cooked” is maybe pushing it a bit, but still - French buttered apples (butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, easy and delicious). With lashings of ice cream obvs

4 Likes

Exactly the motivation, too much rain not to make it

1 Like

Amaretto and almond chocolate torte

16 Likes

Knocked out a proper millennial lunch. Local Wigan pie shop has started doing sourdough loaves. The gentrification begins!!

8 Likes

Pie in a bap, but the bap is 2 slices of sourdough and the pie is vegan pastry filled with chana masala

3 Likes

Here you go😊

1 Like

It’s called a barm over here. Weirdos

1 Like

It’s been a good 3 months since the last ‘daft regional names for a bread roll’ thread.

2 Likes

(breadcake is the absolute worst one and is pretty common here)

2 Likes

What a beauty!

Dark chocolate and banana bread muffins. Hadn’t baked for a while and really would like to get back into the habit of doing so.

7 Likes

While these look great, I don’t like banana, so I would like to know more about those samosas please.

1 Like

Aha I actually enjoyed the samosas more than the muffins! Sadly they weren’t my own handy work but they were wonderfully crisp on the outside whilst being densely packed with veg on the inside. Heat wise they left a lingering, gentle spice. People snapped them up QUICK!

Never actually tried making samosas myself, does anyone know how easy / tricky they are to make?

1 Like

Really easy! Ideally you’ll need to deep fry them which is the main barrier I guess.

I would also like to try this and I own a deep fat fryer so the chances are high.

2 Likes