There are probably few if any foods that have such a low effort to high reward ratio as banoffee pie. Had some chocolate hobnobs, ginger nuts and digestivea all kicking around so mixed and matched on the base. I did mean to add vanilla to the cream, so i fucked that right up and will just have to make it again, now. Oh well.
I think I’m meant to be sharing it with some friends up the road. It seems to be disappearing at an alarmingly quick rate though. Not sure it will make it out the front door, let alone up the road.
Have we had a divorce I’m unaware of?
That lemon meringue cake looks ridiculous in a good way.
Was planning on doing a BBQ on Saturday, but the weather forecast continues to be shit. Might just do tacos and that for dinner instead, but want to try doing a pulled pork/beef brisket/barbacoa type thing on the BBQ as the filling.
I know more or less what I’m doing, but any tips/advice/recipes?
That pie looks gorgeous. Recipe please? (I’ll miss out the mushrooms)
Did you make the pastry?
Cheers. The pastry is just a block of frozen puff pastry. The filling used leftover roasted chicken legs (160° for an hour).
- Fry a couple of chopped onions until soft
- Add chopped garlic, mushrooms and thyme and fry for a bit
- Add shredded chicken and tablespoon of flour. Cook the flour for a few mins.
- Add some chicken stock (probably about 300ml as you want the sauce to be quite thick) and simmer for about 30 mins until thick.
- Chill filling until it’s cold.
- Roll puff pastry out, add filling, add pastry top, crimp and trim edges.
- Chill pie in the fridge for 30 mins. Turn oven to 180°.
- Take pie out. Egg wash top. Add rosemary, tyme and salt to top. Slash.
- Bake for around 40 mins or so.
Sounds lush! Thanks
Love the yellow ocean
Jazz bread made up from leftover white, wholemeal and Tipo 00 flours, and a shedload of sesame and chia seeds thrown in with gay abandon. Tastes good though.
This thread always gives me massive envy so I’ve decided I’m going to learn how to bake
Need to find something simple to start with. Is gingerbread easy? Or shortbread? Have had cravings for both lately.
I’ve not made shortbread before, but gingerbread is pretty straightforward yes. Just don’t get tsp and tbsp mixed up with your baking powder like I did last time
Shortbread was my gateway to baking, so I will say it is a good starting point