Show us your Christmas playlist! (Grinches stay OUT!)

2 Likes
1 Like

And of course

1 Like

Probably the best 1:35 you’ll hear between now and christmas.

1 Like

This was a one of Christmas song by Steven Adams of the Broken Family Band and someone from another band I can’t remember and was a free download and I can’t find it anywhere else online so I put it on soundcloud. And it rhymes whiskey chaser with turkey baster so what more could you want.

2 Likes
1 Like

This is my brother’s favourite Christmas song of all time because he’s a grinch, and it must be on all my Christmas playlists for the family on pain of death, and now somehow that melancholy fucking piano and gravelly voice has become an integral part of the Atrophie Household Christmas and I can’t imagine Christmas without it.

4 Likes

Got nothing to do with being a grinch, I fucking love that song and I’m one of the biggest Christmas fans out there.

In kind of the same vein, I’d like to draw your attention to this song by the former lead vocalist of Aha, Morten Harket. The video is hideously 90s, but I’ve been made aware of how good a song it actually is because my fav Christmas band (Sunturns, heavily featured on my playlist) always cover it on their yearly Christmas gig:

2 Likes

Yes, this. I’ve got into a tradition of sticking this album on when I’m writing the Christmas cards with a cuppa and a mince pie. Kind of the start of Christmas for me.

The “thank god it’s them instead of Jews!” always cracks me up

1 Like

1 Like

Bloody love crimbo

Always feel like there’s an indefinable magic in the air around festivus, often tempted to believe in God again. Dunno, feel quite spiritual this time of year. Anyone else feel like this? Very cosy feeling tbh imo.

:star2::angel::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::angel::star2:

1 Like

Grinch more in the sense that of course he doesn’t like one of the million happy Christmas songs, but a relatively untraditional depressing one!

It’s grown on me over the years though, there’s actually something quite Christmassy about that sad lonliness I think. Like the darker aspects we try and pretend isn’t happening but definitely does.

Also hideously 90s is my favourite kind of anything ever, so no worries here over that. Very cliche 90s that song/video, I love it.

1 Like

made this one last year, it features among others, XTC, Tom McRae, Ella Fitzgerald, Ariana Grande and The Marx Brothers. I love it i have to say.

1 Like

It’s totally the best Christmas song :+1::grinning:

1 Like

Love it :grinning:

1 Like

A truly great track from one of the all time great records :+1:

I just watch this

Those are genuinely the best Christmas songs imho :smiley:

1 Like