Show us your utensils / kitchen advice thread

What are you using the candle for, m9?

This:

Obviously.

1 Like

Utensils and knife block

Can’t wait to get a new kitchen

Our shambles of a cutlery drawer

In my experience the metal handed ones cut too thick. You want a wooden handled one.

A nice bendy silicone spatula.

1 Like

I just posted the first image I found on Google. At home I actually have two, one with a plastic handle and one with a wooden handle. The wooden handle one is indeed slicing a bit thinner.

Different slicers for different needs.

Oo snazzy. I think mine was £3 from Ikea! Don’t make your food taste like WD-40 :grimacing:

This a chintzy alt?

3 Likes

Still pretty enamoured by my magnetic knife block on the wall. Fucking love chucking knives at it but it’ll all end in tears one day.

2 Likes

not seeing a lot of microplane action going on here. Shame

1 Like

Not the right thread really but I don’t care. I bought a new sieve and used it yesterday after boiling up chicken bones for a couple of hours for stock. Problem was I automatically drained it straight into the sink as if I was boiling potatoes or something, so all that beautiful stock went down the drain :frowning:

2 Likes

I have done a variation on this so many times

Have a real problem with knife blocks. Unless you use them all a lot you’re better off getting one really good knife and giving it a wash between washing different things.

Recently got a lemon squeezer, amazed how I managed so long without one.

Your serrated knife game is weak. You need a smaller one I reckon.

do you keep it all out on the side like that? i think you could come up with a better system for it

3 Likes

Chopping boards! Got two basic wooden ones, so I can chop and - let me finish! - change

Glass chopping boards are the worst, most pointless invention ever though, overpriced loud clattery nonsense

Chopping boards:

• Wood
  • Plastic
  • Glass (would prefer stained glass from Canterbury Cathedral since I am a massive reactionary)
  • Even Torier option, marble or some shit idk

0 voters

1 Like
1 Like

Rolling pin
Measuring spoons
Palette knife
Cake lsice
Ice cream.scoop
Extra wooden spoons