Shrek appreciation thread

Hi everyone.
I think we can all agree that the Shrek films are the greatest films of all time, and definitely Christmas films too. Also, increasingly relevant in these trying times.
So let’s have some general Shrek chat. Who’s your favourite character? Mine’s Shrek.

2 Likes

Shrek 2

1 Like

Definitely the best film yes

What
Are you doing
IN MY SWAMP???

2 Likes

nearly said baby shrek then googled it and of course there is actually a baby shrek

I will never not laugh at

SomeBODY once told me

As soon as it starts playing I lose it

2 Likes

Mine is Shrek too

1 Like

A manager at my first proper job forced me to borrow and watch shrek

1 Like

Always heartwarming to hear stories about good management

2 Likes

Reckon she thought I was an ogre who needed hope

You know that bit in Shrek where the tiny bird explodes for some reason? My little brother, who would have been seven at the time, laughed at that in the cinema more than I have ever seen any human being laugh at anything before or since and it was really joyous.

11 Likes

Never really liked them tbh. A poor franchise imo. I mean, it’s no Minions is it?

2 Likes

I like how you can just put a word in front of Shrek on google and then find a fun image:

Emo Shrek

Tall Shrek

California Shrek

Robot Shrek

10 Likes

Shut up. Shut the hell up.

1 Like

Awwww yeh

1 Like

Went on a date to see Shrek 2 and, despite us both being 18, neither of us drove and the cinema was out of town so her Dad drove us. Imagine that. Being literally an adult in a legal sense and then being driven by a parent to see Shrek 2 on a date. What the fuck was going on in my life.

17 Likes

Shrek’s wife looked nice as an ogre didn’t she

2 Likes

The soundtracks are SO good as well. Eels, counting crows, rufus wainwright, smashmouth, dashboard confessional. WINGS.

:smiley: I <3 you

2 Likes