Shrines

Got any?

I just went to my mum’s house for the first time in years and years, and she’s kept this giant pouffe thing that the dog used to sit on (who died 5 years ago) and it takes up half her kitchen, its got his blanket on, some weird embroidery thing, a photo of a dog WHO IS NOT OUR DOG, and his ashes. I mean, fine, whatever but this takes up like half of her tiny kitchen.

10 Likes

Sorry what

5 Likes

this thread is much more specific than i was expecting

12 Likes

RIP Joe x

8 Likes

Briefly had a shrine set up for Juan Carlos Valeron (the guy in my avatar) when I was at uni. Framed photo, rosary beads draped over, couple of candles. Took it down because it was quite weird.

5 Likes

Pretty cool IMO

1 Like

After a while I kept thinking he’d died every time I looked at it.

1 Like

Don’t know loads about them but have been to a few shia shrines and dead into them

Have a shrine for a butterfly called butterwalk who hatched from his chrysalis with messed up wings and couldn’t fly. The kids buried him in a planter in the garden when he died and put some shite/beautiful flowers & ornaments to commemorate his short and wonderful life.

15 Likes

Other than the RLB shrine I had in the living room during the leadership campaign, never done this.

1 Like

Kept a photo of Brede Hangeland in my wallet for 3 years

2 Likes

5 Likes

Idk. Generic dog photo? Absolutely no idea. Couldn’t bring myself to discuss it with her

Shrine on Weekender

Used to keep obituaries for musicians I loved in my wallet for years after they died. Off the top of my head I can remember having one for Lou Reed, Tommy Ramone and Charlie Haden in there.

Shrine On You Crazy Diamond.

1 Like

But one that looked dissimilar enough that you could tell it wasn’t her dog, presumably? So just a dog that looks a bit like her dog?

0 Norway caps between them.

2 Likes

Different breed, no idea who it is or why she hasnt used one of the billion photos she has of our actual dog (he had a whole cowboy-themed professional photoshoot done at one point so she’s got quite a portfolio to pick from)

3 Likes