Sick leave POLLS

(if you are lucky enough to be able to do that without it impacting on your pay - fuck a zero hours contract)

The worst day of a standard strength cold

• Can’t spread that infection!
  • Why so lazy

0 voters

Generally wfh.

1 Like

Most time you’ve taken off sick in a single block (anon, talk about it if you want)

• 1 day
  • 2 days
  • 3-5 days
  • 1-2 weeks
  • 2-4 weeks
  • 4-6 weeks
  • 6+ weeks

0 voters

This is for SICK LEAVE thanks

3 days with the Earthas

Had a week off when I got the flu in February 2018. First time I’d ever had it. Horrible.

Never turn up on that worst day, and am the type to passagg bully those who do until they go home.

Don’t absolutely need to be here? Stay at home and don’t make everyone else sick, cheeeeeeeeeeers.

1 Like

Standard strength cold for me = sinus problems and a pounding headache so I’ll stay at home thanks. If you want to shake a cold, a day of bed rest is the only thing that works. If I’m busy at work and need to go in, in I will go however (and this is usually what I have to do these days).

Milder colds I’ll probably soldier on.

1 Like

Please post your own scenarios for us to vote on/shame you for

5 weeks for (work related) stress. 5 days for flu.

1 Like

Most of the time you have a respiratory infection you’ve been infectious for a couple of days before you even really know you’re ill - so you’ve probably already infected anyone you were gonna infect :woman_shrugging:. Also if everyone who had a respiratory infection stayed at home for the entire time they were infectious our economy would probably collapse. Just sayin.

2 weeks, may have been more, for labrynthitis, in 2007. don’t think i’ve had more than 1 day off in a row since then. very rarely get ill.

tempting fate now aren’t i.

1 Like

Only two day block here and previous job was zero hours contract, but I’m sure I’ve ditched 3 shifts in a row as a result of an eye thing before

Feel like I’d rather be at work than moping around the house.

Probably due some time off, not had any in 6 years, but can’t bring myself to ring in sick when there’s nothing wrong with me. Didn’t realise until about a week ago that we still get paid for sick days.

We all are.

Imagine DiS if we all had freak accidents and ended up off work for six weeks or whatever

Hence why I just do one day, doing my part for capitalism!

I’m never that busy that a sick day or two will cause any major damage. That said, I am very rarely ill, but I did get a flu-ey thing in the new year and took a couple of days.

Then I got an email reminding me that I didn’t phone the dedicated sickness hotline and speak to a medical professional and that I should make sure I do that in future. Yeah, that email got deleted.

ftfy

2 Likes

My gripe is generally with people who try to shame ill people to not be around them.

There’s a balance between not forcing people to work when they’re genuinely ill and should be and expecting people to not work for a week 3 times a year

2 Likes

Feigned illness and called in sick for:

• A hangover
  • To avoid something at work
  • For an event/engagement where I couldnt/didn’t want to take holiday
  • Just to chill out for the day
  • Never done it

0 voters

In the last 24 months

• A hangover
  • To avoid something at work
  • For an event/engagement where I couldnt/didn’t want to take holiday