Signs You’re Now A Boring Old Fart

Download a plane spotter app, paid for the premium version, and every time something flies over/nearby, I look up what the model is, where it’s been and where it’s off to.

I get out more but I live on the Southampton flightpath.

NOW YOU…

9 Likes

Downloaded the national trust tree spotting app

11 Likes

play board games

listen to history podcasts

make groaning noises when I get up from chairs sometimes

5 Likes

Ooh is there a bird version? Could totally get on board a bird app.

2 Likes

I also tend to get up about half 5 and go to bed about 9 pm. I’ll be putting a lawnmower round before 6am before long I reckon.

1 Like

Wary of new things, misty eyed and nostalgic for old things and things I already know how to do

1 Like

Sums up me and Netflix. Watch one of the several thousand shows and films I’ve never seen and are highly lauded and critically acclaimed… OR… watch a couple of episodes of a show I’ve watched 4/5 times. Easy choice!

Ooh plane overhead

3 Likes

Was out for a walk yesterday and saw a patch of overgrown grass on the local housing estate that wasn’t built on and the grass was overgrown. Made a comment to my girlfriend pondering whether it was privately owned, or why that bit wasn’t built on. She said that I’ve commented on that particular thing multiple times now and seem to be fascinated with patches of grass that haven’t been built on or maintained. I hadn’t realised, but yes, I will often comment on badly maintained patches of land in housing estates.

26 Likes

remortgaged

2 Likes

Shout at my kids

3 Likes

Shout at Balonz’s kids

17 Likes

Shout at Kid Rock

3 Likes

Having a job that I actually quite like

3 Likes

If we could share the load that would be much appreciated.

1 Like

I’ll take Tuesdays

1 Like

This thread isn’t for you youngster but have you tried tindr?

1 Like

My post history on drownedinsound.com

4 Likes

Get reeeeally pissed off when next door run upstairs

Have to stop myself putting a polite notice through their door Sunday asking them to just walk because if I got that I’d just do laps with steel toe boots on all day

1 Like

You’re an unexciting smelly gas that’s been lingering for years

2 Likes

Just ordered some strimmer reel online. Pretty exciting if you’re a Dad.

4 Likes