Signs You’re Now A Boring Old Fart

Niche reference: Will Carling shouts at you

So glad I’m not the only Ronja fan :smiley: The Supporter passes the most, but the Ronja Viking is a regular visitor as well. Last week I got a shot of them passing each other going in opposite directions. Let’s get that off my DSLR…

1 Like

“Grass”

Yes! We’ve been trying to remember the names of the other two regulars. Skye was one, Viking the other. :+1: Legends of the salmon-carrying well boat world.

1 Like

Bloody hell, the metadata says it was exactly a fortnight ago. How lockdown time files! Anyhow, at 20:59 on the 14th of May 2020, there was a close encounter between Ronja Supporter (foreground) and Ronja Viking (background). I really hope they waved to one another :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love an early night, and getting up early morning.

Considering starting a geography themed YouTube channel

3 Likes

Started watching the show Dave last week and we’re absolutely loving it. It’s about an aspiring rapper and all his mates trying to break into the big time. I liked the guy playing Dave and thought the writing was great so went onto wikipedia to see if there were any other tv shows any of the cast or writers had worked on before only to find out Dave aka Lil Dicky is actually a real rapper whose top five songs have probably more plays than everything I’ve listened to on Spotify this year combined. All of the rappers he meets in the show are real too and also huge names that I’d never heard of before.

1 Like

I’ve never subscribed to a YT channel, but I’d definitely subscribe to yours. Love a bit of #geographychat

1 Like

Started doing online sudoku to pass the time (easy mode only, I’m not too far gone)

My Patreon will be £8 a month, cheers mate

I said subscribe, not get gouged

3 Likes

BirdNet is a really cool app that recognises birds from their songs, highly recommended

5 Likes

Taught myself to do cryptic crosswords and now getting the paper on Sunday is the literal high point of my week.

3 Likes

Watching it with my son helped a lot . I enjoyed it too

1 Like

Just ordered a new all-in-one stereo thing and made sure I got one with a CD player.

1 Like

I bought a new fridge last month and would just walk into the kitchen sometimes to look at it.

8 Likes

When I got my car stereo a few years back I confidentially told the guy in the shop I didn’t need a cd player - just digital radio and Bluetooth shiz. He only really had ones with cd players too so I got one anyway. So glad I did.

1 Like

I thought about making a similar thread this morning!

The highlights of my week:

• Watching Springwatch

• I went to a peony farm this morning and it was brilliant

• Got very excited that petrol is 99p a litre (or is it gallon?) and called my dad as I knew he’d also be pleased :laughing:

5 Likes

Plane just went over. Thought aw gee rick that looks big. Turns out it was a RAF Lockheed C-130… aka a HERCULES that must have just taken off from Southampton. Big bugger it was.

Feel like I should be ticking these off on a list like a real boring old fart.

4 Likes