Silliest named band you actually like?

Dananananaykroyd
Car Seat Headrest
Mannequin Pussy

4 Likes

That was probably around the time Accelerated Learning came out, which is a bit insane. But there are worse bands for procrastinating!

Seal Cub Clubbing Club. Both of their albums were great.

2 Likes

Jackie-O Motherfucker

2 Likes

Radiohead

1 Like

Gorky’s Zygotic Mynci

2 Likes

Television doesn’t count?

1 Like

More of a gadget I suppose.

You Say Party! We Say Die!

And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead is a pretty ridiculous name that I think we all just got used to due to over exposure.

5 Likes

I’d say it probably does count, just doesn’t seem as banal as other things, even though it totally is.

1 Like

Death Piggy

I liked Electric kettle
https://www.discogs.com/artist/135583-Electric-Kettle

The thing I particularly enjoy about this name is that they have to specify that it’s electric! Gives it that extra wow factor!

Really wish CSH were called something else

Being a fan of stoner/doom means liking so many shittily named bands. Usually with bong/weed/goat/leaf/wizard/mammoth in the name.

I really like Mammoth Weed Wizard Bastard, which is sort of a parody of this trend but is still a shit name.

Also I was going to use the made up name Bongfucker as an example but a quick google tells me that’s actually a real band. Of course it is. Fucks sake.

7 Likes

There were some Britpop also-rans called Toaster. I had a couple of their singles, Huggy was quite fun:

1 Like

Real Estate is a fucking stupid name.

I love the recent lead singles from Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and Peaness.

1 Like

Playboy Manbaby who I first heard via their “You Can Be a Fascist Too” single, this is their new one.

Alpha Male Tea Party

Pet Symmetry