Silly things you believed as a child

Similarly, that those x-ray glasses really could be used to see through clothes

1 Like

I thought weekends were invented when I started school.

3 Likes

Babies come out through the belly button

1 Like

Trying to work out whether topologically this is kind of true.

Believed there was a god. Realised this was bs when I was about 8

I thought that mum and dad were their actual names

I was generally confused about the difference between boys and girls and thought I was a boy at one point

When Thatcher stepped down someone on the telly described her as being ā€œstabbed in the backā€ and I thought they meant literally

2 Likes

I used to think when someone ā€˜split their head openā€™ their head literally split in half down the middle, like an easter egg

11 Likes

that daddy was coming back

No, thatā€™s Ronnie Pickeringā€™s job

1 Like

Who?

5 Likes

Spent a good few years terrified of escalators after my mum told me that youā€™d get dragged under them if you didnā€™t pick your feet up at the end. Would drag my feet a bit as a child which she must have tired of after a while. Used to do enormous leaps off them just to make sure I cleared the nashing teeth at the end, to the bemusement of onlookers Iā€™m sure.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I used to do the exact same thing, after being told the same thing. Still make sure to step over them quite broadly to be fair, just canā€™t seem to shake the habit/fear.

3 Likes

that everyone lived happily ever after

Seems disproportionate in hindsight. Would go to bed thinking about getting chewed up in the mechanism!

1 Like

We had 2 rabbits called Mr and Mrs Malone, Iā€™d have been about 4 or 5. Mr Malone died but my dad told me that Mrs Malone ate him and that was normal for rabbits to do.

7 Likes

Thatā€™sā€¦ horrifying!

wait what itā€™s not

3 Likes

Itā€™s not! Honestly :smiley: