Similar products by different brands that there is a weird thing about with their adverts or something

Like you know how in America they have the Energizer bunny instead of the Duracell bunny even though both those brands exist over there too.

Also it’s weird that Covonia and Ricola have advert catchphrase things that are a person shouting the name of them in a fairly similar way “CovOOOOONIA!” and “RIIIIIIIIIIIIIICOLA!”

That pg tips monkey has endorsed several different products

Which ones?

Freeview and pg tips, I may have exaggerated or imagined this

Imagine if the Tetley Tea Folk popped up in a Nescafe advert, that’d be weird wouldn’t it

Early John Lennon lyrics didn’t have the emotional impact he was looking for

It was itv digital not freeview my mistake

Shared universes are big nowadays.

Ah yeah, I remember ITV Digital

Do they still make ever ready batteries? that was THE brand when I was little

(battery powered white dog poo)

I remember Ever Ready batteries but I haven’t seen them for a long time.

they’re energizer now

stand down @marckee

both look like dicks in my imho

Best promotional bunny:

• Duracell
  • Energiser
  • Cadbury’s caramel

0 voters

How much of the decision to go with rabbits for the battery companies comes down to the phrase “at it like rabbits” do you think?

howard from the halifax appeared in a non halifax advert recently didn’t he. hopefully this is the first step towards him being the richard belzer / john munch of british tv advertising

He did, I can’t remember what it was an advert for though

me neither. effective advertising, clearly

Not the question you’ve asked, but i’ve noticed recently that i get embarrassed into buying superior brands too often. “Do you want the Duracell/Solvite/Smirnoff or do you want the CHEAPER BRAND?”, to which i always casually say i want the superior product before getting home and realising the capitalist pigs have had my pants down again.

Not cricket, imho.