The Actual Simpsons Thread (But everyone finally got over their Steamed Hams thing.)

8 Likes

5 Likes
2 Likes

stolen from rock bottom

11 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

amazing, best in thread

mayor quimby’s face as wraps his arms around their shoulders during the song :smile:

2 Likes

16 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

Homers Enemy is hilarious but it kind of fucked up Homer’s character so i have mixed feelings about it

1 Like

For sure, it’s the natural end point of the show and the last “great” episode as far as I’m concerned. It was a very brave but very close to the bone episode because it essentially deconstructs the last 8 (at that point) years we’ve been laughing at this so called loveable character and cast only for it to turn around and point to us and say “you love these people?! Really?”

I don’t think it’s coincidental that people generally consider it to be the end of “the golden era” cuz once you’ve pulled the trigger on that idea (masterfully I would add) there’s no where really left to go with these characters or constructs. So the principal and the pauper is attempting to do a similar thing but it doesn’t work because they already did it!

4 Likes

didn’t that film used to have a war in it?

4 Likes

1 Like

favourite simpsons christmas episode? got a lot of love for this, silly as it is:

1 Like

let’s have a poll

• Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire
  • Marge Be Not Proud
  • Miracle on Evergreen Terrace
  • Grift of Magi
  • One of the tory, newer ones

0 voters

p.s I know Marge Be Not Proud is the best one really, I just love Grift of Magi for some reason

As much as I love Marge Be Not Proud, I cant get past the wholesome, gentle charm of the first one

4 Likes